We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north carolina
reviews: 1
Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Originally we planned on staying at the Del Mar. Now we are thinking a casa in Tulemar. Could use help with Pros and Cons of each.

How do the beaches compare?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Hard to even try to find somenthing better than a house in Tulemar...Buena Vista Villas and casas...in my case I will go for them without hesitation!

Beaches both are nice...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
2. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

I tend to agree with Roadadvisor on this. Big pro on Tulemar is private beach access IMO.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Arenas del Mar is a much more deluxe and niccer hotel, right on the beach.

Southern California
reviews: 51
4. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

For the price you get more for your money at Tulemar IMO. We loved having our own condo and personal concierge.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

I can't compare but I do know renting our own casa in Tulemar was the best vacation ever. From our personal concierge to having our own chef for a day, everything was top notch. We stayed in Casa de Frutas which was fabulous but I'd gladly stay in any of the villas. The private beach was wonderful. Plenty of loungers and umbrellas, boogie boards and kayaks all included. Nice beach bar and restaurant.

I liked having the privacy of our own home and having a kitchen was great for whipping up a quick meal or snack when you didn't feel like eating out.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
6. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Both are great. Better to have a rental car at Tulemar though as the bungalows are located up on the hill.

Manuel Antonio...
7. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Thanks for the nice comments on Tulemar!

Tulemar Dave

Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 6
8. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

We are booked for a week in June in Tulemar and I am dying to go. We decided for Tulemar after considerable research and I already highly recommend it (stay tuned for update after the trip :) Most important: legendary service from Dave & Co., location, space, choice of pools, private beach, beach side bar and wild life.

Toronto, Canada
9. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

A rental car may be nice but certainly not necessary at Tulemar. I had some concerns due to some mobility problems but I was pleasantly surprised at the good shuttle service supplied. Not once did I miss having my own transportation.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
10. Re: Tulemar or Arenas Del Mar

Tulemar is much less of a hotel setting, more spread out and closer to walk to all sorts of restaurants, banks, etc. If you like to stay close to the hotel and have lots of staff wait on you, while still in a lovely setting, then Arenas is a good choice too. Both have lots of animals, but again, Tulemar has a more central location. Enjoy wherever you choose!