We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Barba Roja

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 2
Casa Barba Roja

Does anyone have any information on Casa Barba Roja? They have recently added a pool and deck. Thoughts?

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Sorry, I am not familiar with the home, though the restaurant Barba Roja is very centrally located for bars, restaurants, banks, markets, etc., so it is probably close to that. Enjoy!

Manuel Antonio...
2. Re: Casa Barba Roja

The pool and the deck are nice. the ocean view from the house is espectacular. NATUREGUIDE

Arlington, Virginia
3. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Thanks to both of you for your input...Is the restaurant being so close a problem? Would you rent Casa Barba Roja or Casa Alta with children 8 and 4?

Couldn't appreciate the help more. Would love to hire you Natureguide to show us the park when we get there.

Thanks,

Joanne

Manuel Antonio...
4. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Been the restaurant soo close isn´t a problem. Meabe friday night might be the only day when the restaurant plays live music. Both Casa Barba Roja and Alta are well located. Casa Barba Roja hads a better view of the ocean. Send me a PM and we can talk about your national park tour. NATUREGUIDE

Wisconsin
reviews: 12
5. Re: Casa Barba Roja

I stumbled upon your post while looking at the Casa Barba Roja property. I have also looked at Casa Alta and was curious if you ended up booking or staying at one of these properties and, if so, which one. We also have 2 children and are looking at these for next summer. Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
6. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Hi there,

Just got back and Casa Barba Roja is amazing. That view is real and the sunsets are better in person. I have two boys who loved everything about the house---the pool is perfect for kids as it starts shallow and then gets deep. It is not a lap pool, but you are on vacation. The loft made a great fort for the boys to play in.

The beach is a $6 cab ride or fifty cents on the bus. Fantastic coffee place across the street. Live Music at Barba Roja was only one night and not late. We danced to some of the tunes on the deck.

Monkey's, iguanas, and a sloth stopped by to say hi--especially the monkeys--almost everyday. Also the concierage, Shirley Clark is fantastic. She is nearby (she works at the barba Roja restaurant gift shop) but never intrusive and very sweet.

Wisconsin
reviews: 12
7. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Thanks for your quick response. Would you say the house was pretty quiet (I realize it is by the restaurant and had heard about the music which is fine)? Is it pretty secluded? That's a little what we're looking for and it appears so from the pictures I've seen.

Thanks again!

Arlington, Virginia
8. Re: Casa Barba Roja

The path down to the house you see other houses behind you, but once you enter the house--it's very private nothing but jungle and ocean view on three sides. It's amazingly quiet (except for the noises from the jungle--like howler monkeys and other fun animals). The other good news is that the howeler monkeys never get too loud either. :) It's a fantastic oasis.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: Casa Barba Roja

Dear JMZ7...Thank you for sharing...they way you describe the place...is just incredible...GRACIAS!

roadadisor

10. Re: Casa Barba Roja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 18, 2013