We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Alta

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 2
Casa Alta

Hi there,

My family and I (children are 8 and 4) are traveling to Costa Rica in November for a wedding. I would love to know anyone's opinion about this rental house and hear any recommendations for other homes to rent for small children.

Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
1. Re: Casa Alta

Casa alta is a great family house. It is very close to the grocery store and most Restaurants. It hads a great pool. It is one of the houses that rents for a very fare value. What are exactly your questions? NATUREGUIDE

Arlington, Virginia
2. Re: Casa Alta

Thanks for your quick reply. Does it have an ocean view?

Manuel Antonio...
3. Re: Casa Alta

Well, yes you can see the water from one of the balconys but it isn´t something i will say is a large view. The house isn´t a place you rent for the ocean view. NATUREGUIDE

Arlington, Virginia
4. Re: Casa Alta

The other house we are considering is Casa del Toro. Is this equally close to restaurants/shops and have an ocean view? You are so helpful, I truly appreciate the guidance.

Manuel Antonio...
5. Re: Casa Alta

Casa del toro hads a very similar situacion with the ocean view. You can see the water from some angle of the house but isn´t really a direct clear ocean view. The location where casa el Toro is a little more dificul in compare to Casa Alta since it isn´t withing walking distance to much. Also there is a pretty steep hill where not all taxis will drive and isn´t easy to walk. If you are planning to rent a SUV you should not have any worries. NATUREGUIDE

Arlington, Virginia
6. Re: Casa Alta

Thank you so much for your candor and quick responses. You've been so kind. My last question before I book Casa Alta is...is there a place like Casa Alta with an ocean view and similar price range that I am missing. I feel like I've seen every house available in Costa Rica. We would prefer a house to a condo.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: Casa Alta

I attended a large wedding reception at Casa del Toro and it was amazing! The house is new and beautiful, and the outdoor pool area (furnished) was huge and worked perfect for a large wedding reception. The views of the coastline and Quepos town at night were stunning when we were there. It is easier to have a car though if you are going to have children, as the complex is set high on a hill (thus the views), so the car makes it easier to not have to walk up from the bus stop (though taxis go right to the house). Casa Alta is nice too, though the views are very different from Casa Toro. I have never been inside that home, so no comments there. Both are really nice houses though, so I am sure your family would be happy at either one! Enjoy!

Kitchener, Canada
reviews: 6
8. Re: Casa Alta

Casa Alta advertises 180 degree ocean view???? Is this not true then? I was planning to rent it in October.

Plainview, New...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Casa Alta

Jm27. Did you go to casa alta? My husband and I are going to Costa Rica in August 2013 with our two daughters, ages 12 and 15. Did you feel safe there? Most of the places we are considering are in gated areas but I don't think this one is. Would you recommend it? We won't have a car and will be walking and calling taxis.

Kitchener, Canada
reviews: 6
10. Re: Casa Alta

Hi - no I didn't stay there then - I never quite felt good about it as we were 2 ladies going. Found another AWESOME place though - for same price -- it was incredible!! I can email to you if you wish. You need a car there though. I've been to C.Rica 6 times now so have covered a lot of beautiful areas!!! :)