We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 2
Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Starting from this week the $10p/p admission tickest for the national park can only be used for one entry to the National park. If you are planning to visit the park and enjoy the beaches make sure you have everything you need with you since isn´t allow anymore to re-enter for a second time. The National park does not a place to buy drinks or food, soo make sure to come prepared to stay in for the time you need. We are trying to change it back to where people had the option to returnd again for a second time. I would be letting you all know the new changes. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Thanks for your update....

Tulemar Dave

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 103
2. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Thank you for posting that...I always tell people about being able to go back into the park so this is good to know! :-) Pura Vida!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Wow, who made that rule? Glad you told us, I have heard nothing about that. I went last week and tried to buy my ticket at the Coopelianza office like the CR news says, and they sent me to the normal ticket line. We live here and can't even keep up with the new rules, how are the poor tourists supposed to know anything! Thanks, Keep us posted!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Not very nice news...but we have to follow rules...Thank you Nature Guide nice of you ...to let all know about it!

roadadvisor

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
5. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Thanks for the update.

Allison Park...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

We are very excited to be going to MA next month. LivNLarge mentioned buying park tickets at the Coopelianza office which, according to what I had read, is the place to go. Then LivNLarge said "...they sent me to the normal ticket line..." Can anyone tell me where the "normal ticket line" is located? Is it at the park entrance? Thanks in advance for any info.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

They are finally using ONLY the Coopelianza office now. It is located about 1/2 block before the entrance, really easy to find. Also, if you want to re-enter the park on the same day, you must exit at the MAIN gate only and register with a valid ID with the park guard at the gate as you leave. They will then let you back in with your same day ticket and your ID. If you exit the back gate (by the main beaches about a 15 min walk), they will not let you back in. Unfortunately, people were handing off their tickets at the back gate and other people were entering free with the used ticket. It only takes a few sneaky people to ruin it for everyone! Enjoy!

Clemmons, North...
reviews: 3
8. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Thanks for the updated information LivNLarge. That is great to know as we will be there in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. First, if we do a morning tour, then go to the beach for a while, is it a far walk to go back to the main entrance to go out and get lunch then come back in and go back to the beach? Is there some place around there to get lunch before the tour and keep it in our backpacks? Something that won't spoil since we won't have ice with us? The second question is, what is the point of buying tickets at the Coopelianza office? Shorter lines? Can you still use those tickets to get back in the park once you leave?

Thanks!

Cari

guanacaste
reviews: 31
9. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Gracias !!!

Allison Park...
reviews: 16
10. Re: Very Important. MA National park new rules.

Thank you so much LivNLarge for the detailed update. It's so helpful to know how this will all work; instead of sweating the small stuff, we can be enjoying what we really went there to see & do. You & the other Trip Advisor contribuors are all so generous sharing your insights. I'll be sure to pay it back to the community by sharing any info we pick up on our trip.