We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

The two pairs of shoes I brought to Costa Rica got damaged. Is there any place I can buy Keen or Teva footwear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

Your best bet, whether you are in Manuel Antonio or La Fortuna, is to ask someone locally. Ask at your hotel, walk around and look for shops selling shoes.

I have never seen either Keens or Tevas - but I have certainly seen inexpensive "look-alikes" that would certainly do the job. In fact, I recently bought a pair of Teva wannabes for about $7.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

Hi Hattie! We have asked many locals / tour companies and have gone into many shop in Quepos with no luck. I remember way back when I was in Arenal that they did sell them (most of our guides were wearing them) but I can't be certain. At this point, I'm not picky. Our driver picks us up from MA to Arenal tomorrow and I'd like to see if there is a store in La Fortuna that I may be able to buy shoes from.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

There is a store right by the Bus station that will sell very similar to tevas. The prices can be around $40 and up. Real Keens or Tevas are hard to find and most guides will get them from the US. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
4. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

I agree....don't try to find real ones.....difficult to find and expensive....go for the cheap knock offs and you can even give them away before you leave if you don't want to haul them home!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

Try to Arenas or Mango surf shops found in most towns in Costa Rica. You may not get the real things though as mentioned in most posts. You could just get cheapies and give them to someone when you leave. That would be greatly appreciated! Good luck!

Katowice, Poland
6. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

www.sportxtreme.pl

wisconsin
reviews: 2
7. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

Sorry about your shoes. Can I ask how both pairs of shoes got damaged? Will be first timer in MA in a few months and perhaps I shouldn't take good sandals for some reason?

Toronto
8. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

I bought Tevas in Santa Cruz a couple of years back, for a really good price. Doesn't help you much, since it's too far away, but it does show that they are available in C.R.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

If you are driving to MA from SJO...stop by Herradura Beach...next to Auto Mercado is Arenas nice place and they offer all kind of beach footware...but of course it will be cheaper in USA!

roadadivsor

10. Re: Where to buy Keen or Teva footwear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...