We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Is there any tennis to be had in Manuel Antonio? We'll be in the area from Nov 19 thru 27th. I'm 4.0 NTRP... tennis anyone?

Thanks,

Ian

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
1. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

I just got back last week and while I was there I heard about an upcoming tennis tournament in the Quepos?manuel Antonio area (which it turns out just ended)

I have found this info for you on the internet

www.puntarenas.com/portal/news.asp?id=333

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tennis-Club-Quepos/151141624934838#!/pages/Tennis-Club-Quepos/151141624934838?sk=info

If nothing else you can get some contact information and perhaps actually find someone to play with. Good luck.

pura vida

raquel

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

There is a new tennis court about 15 minutes our of Manuel Antonio. It is by the local airport is a private gated community name Palma Pacifica. i think you can used the facilities for $30 a day. Good luck. NATUREGUIDE

Costa Rica
reviews: 6
3. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Tennis in Manuel Antonio is available. When you get into town you can call the tennis club at tel: 8666 4212 to get a game in with the visiting tennis pro.

Hotel Parador has a great court, at the beach you can play at Hotel Espadilla.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Hotel Espadilla has nice courts or the new quepos courts out towards the airport. Depends on the weather though:-). Enjoy!

Boulder, Colorado
5. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Thanks to all who responded! Good info, it sounds like the facilities are there. But I'm getting a feeling that finding someone to hit with, especially someone at a similar ability level, might be more of a problem... I'll pack my tennis gear anyway, just in case.

Pura vida!

-Ian

Edited: 1:28 pm, November 15, 2011
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

My God...so good to know so many...tennis court..many people are going to be really happy with all this tennis locations...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
7. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

Hello,

I recently visited Manuel Antonio. Indeed, there is a tennis club located in the middle of the forest. It is very nice and the nature sorrounding the courts is amazing!!!!!

They also find me somebody who I could played with. It was very nice.

This is the perfect place for all the tennis lovers.

New York
8. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

I will be visitng the area soon. Could you please identify the tennis court location in the forest you are referring to? Would you happen to have contact information? Thanks!

Boulder, Colorado
9. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

This is the place: manuelantoniopark.com/mapk/…tennis.html. BTW it's nowhere near Manuel Antonio Park. The club is inland, 5-10 min drive from Quepos.

I doubt you can just show up. I suggest that you contact the owner. I was taken there by my landlord who is a member, and a good tennis player... please say hi to Ollie if you meet him at the courts! Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the other guys I met there but playing against them was a lot of fun. All good players, around 4.5 NTRP. One time the owner and a few younger guys were playing on the other court. Some of them were clearly very strong players, 5.0+. Surprisingly high level for such a small place.

Edited: 4:07 pm, July 09, 2012
10. Re: Tennis in Manuel Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 11, 2013