We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

Hello,

I'm trying to get some more info on the new MidWorld attraction that's in Manuel Antonio/Quepos. I'm interested in the canopy tour that is offered there, but it's hard to tell from the website and promotional materials just how high up you actually get. I've been on a spectacular zipline tour in Arenal that reached heights over 500 feet, and I'm hoping MidWorld will be a similar experience. Anyone been there recently who can give me an honest assessment of the tour? Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

I hve had not been there...maybe the best is ask once you are here...some people will write a lot of great things at web pages...and sometimes we find to late that was not true!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
736 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

I agree....wait until you get here and ask at your hotel or vacation rental to talk to someone that has actually been on their zip lines.....you'll get the most accurate info.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
3. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

I've been on this tour and it is a blast! The platforms are quite high, though not as high as you mention for the other tour. However, the ziplines are long and fast and very fun, with beautiful scenery. I highly recommend to add the Superman tour. They strap you up and send you head first at incredible speeds for over 1K flying like a bird. I could do that again and again, it was so fun!! Enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
1 post
1 review
4. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

This tour was amazing! The lines aren't 500 feet in the air, but it is still a great time! The tour guides were very friendly and professional. It was definitely a great way to see some very impressive wildlife. The superman line, which can be added to your tour, was also spectacular! It was the most incredible feeling being up in the sky and going fast!

Louisville
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

Did the tour about a month ago, both the regular ziplines and the Superman line, with my 11 and 15yo daughters. It was really fun, its the newest one in the area and has all new equipment, lines, platforms and uses double zip lines (you clip on to two lines instead of one) for safety. Some of the lines are pretty high up, probably 100-150 feet, but as stated above not quite 500 feet. You can see a video of both a typical zipline at Midworld and the beginning of the Superman line here (look at the end for the video of midworld and superman): …snapfish.com/snapfish/…7D

I wonder what wildlife the poster above saw, other than maybe some bugs and orchids (or a frog)? I kept saying the whole time we were doing it that if I were an animal, the last place I would want to be was near a group of screaming, whooping gringos! Lots of wildlife to be seen in MA, but not so much I don't think when you are ziplining...

Quepos
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
6. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

I have not tried it yet, but based on the comments above I'll definitely have to take a tour with Midworld and try the superman!

Orlando, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
7. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

I took the ATV tour with my daughter whose 12. We had a blast. Our guide's name was Hairo and he took through rivers path and to the waterfall.It was worth it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

We have done both ziplining in SkyTrek in Arenal and Midworld near MA. (Just got back a week ago.) Midworld is not quite as high or fast as SkyTrek, but it is still a really great time. I liked that we did not have to stop ourselves at the end of the run. Our kids were able to go with a guide on the long runs, and go solo on the shorter runs. The repelling was also a nice little new thing for us. Our guide, Luis, was very professional, smart, and friendly!! We decided not to do the Superman line, mainly for cost reasons. But the regular canopy tour was high quality and safe. The overall operation from start to finish was top notch and I'd recommend it!!

Denver
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
9. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

Really a great outfit. The experience is thrilling but the double line system always felt safe, too. The staff was friendly, very organized and professional. The facility is clean and well maintained, and the food was the best we had on the trip (go figure). The jungle is really pristine and lovely. Really a world-class experience!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: MidWorld Costa Rica in Manuel Antonio

Thank you greaqt to know...I have to stop by in my next trip to the area...

roadadvisor

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...