We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay again

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
providence ri
places to stay again

Hi,

We will be traveling in December, first time to CR. I have read a number of the reviews here. We have narrowed our choices and would like to have feedback on the following:

las posadas

cabinas escadillas

mono azul

verde mar

We will probably pick 1 or 2 to stay at over 9 nights. We know they are all budget to moderate; we do not need fancy, just clean, secure, some privacy and easily accessible to beach and Quepos without a car. From what I gather all are within a short hike to beach, park, bus, taxi, town...I also read a post here that close to the beach is noisy?

providence ri
1. Re: places to stay again

just read mono azul reviews...yikes!

San Jose
reviews: 1
2. Re: places to stay again

Stay away from Mono Azul , Verde Mar is very basic but a lot better than Mono Azul , but if I was you I would find a hotel in Jaco and just drive to MA for the day is only an hour of less away , in Jaco you will get more hotel quality for your $ and with the budget for Mono Azul ,there are to many to mention one particular one in Jaco , is all revelant on how much you want to spend there are rooms from as low as $20 up to $300 and even more .If your thinking of Mar Verde , well, Mango Mar is better than Mar Verde and in high season was $55.00 a night and is on the beach, I been to both (by Proxy), Mar Verde, Mono Azul ,the others Las Posada , Cab. Escadillas , I don't know about , but the fact that they R located in MA I would not recomend em , and I bet they are pricy

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 32
3. Re: places to stay again

La Posada & Cabinas Espadilla get regular good reviews. I've passed both of them, they are both near the exit of the park. You're close to the beach but not close enought where noise would be a factor. You might want to also check out the studios at Costa Verde, I think they're about the same price. I'd definitely take the activities, wildlife & beauty of MA over staying in Jaco and driving to MA. Getting around MA & to Quepos is very cheap & easy, the bus runs both ways every 1/2 hour or so, last time I was there it was 105 colones, which is about a quarter.

Hermosa Beach, CA
reviews: 11
4. Re: places to stay again

We just got back from there actually. In fact, we originally checked into Cabinas Espadilla and then left and went to Mono Azul because we hated our room at Espadilla so much. Thing is, there's a big difference between Cabinas Espadilla hotel and the cabins. I didn't see the hotel but I thought the cabins were awful. They smelled bad, felt very cold and stale -- our room had three beds crammed into a tiny space. It doesn't look anything like it does on the internet and we ended up paying for the room for the night and still leaving to go elsewhere. We just ate the money. Mono Azul is further from the park and beach. You may have to take a bus or taxi to get there but it's very cute and it smells clean. Nothing luxurious but comfortable. I would definitely stay way from the cabins at Cabinas Espadilla although I can not speak for the hotel rooms.

reviews: 22
5. Re: places to stay again

We just got back from Quepos and MA and stayed at the Monte Verde. We found it to be good place to stay. It's convenient to everything(the bus stops nearby and beach is about 1/2mile away). It has two pools - one is for over 18 only. The restaurant and service is good as well. The Anaconda and El Capion restaurants are close by and very good too. Also, a family of monkeys visit every day at 5 p.m. or so.

Bend, OR
reviews: 4
6. Re: places to stay again

Just to throw one more option at you as these sound like they are petering out, is the Hotel Villa Nina. they have a website if you do a search. Very clean, quiet and actually quite nice. Just up the road from the park, but as the previous post said, the bus comes by all the time (every 15 minutes or so).