We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
reviews: 55
Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

We are going to Mal Pais for the first time and I am trying to decide between Moana Lodge (newly remodeled/new owners) or Tropico Latino. TL is more expensive but right on the beach. Does anyone have any input/experiences with one or both of these places? My boyfriend surfs and I would like to do some yoga and spa treatment are of interest to me.

Please help!

Thanks!

FL
1. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Stayed at Tropico Latino twice and highly recommend it. Haven't stayed at Moana Lodge but cannot beat Tropicano's location (right on the beach) clean, spacious and secluded bungalows, the restaurant and exquisite pool. Also have little hut for private massage and yoga classes right on the edge of where beach and forest meet. Amazing! All in all, go to Tropicano and will not be dissappointed in the least bit. Enjoy!

florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

we are going for our third time...Tropico is not flashy, but reliable , beautiful, peaceful. The food is outstanding and has been reasonable each time. you can eat under the stars, you may wake up to horses outside your bungalow, (just passing through) if you get up at 6am the birds are making beautiful music,. The bungalows have big bamboo beds and unique showers...wood floors, nothing fancy but simplicistic. beach has great surf and at low tide the tidal pools are great for playing in (for kids or adults) close to town for any thing you need. Don't know other place you asked about.

Sarasota, Florida
3. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Wow!! You both should sell for Tropico Latino=)!! You have given me some great advice, thank you so much! I'm pretty sure this is where we'll stay but if anyone has info on Moana Lodge, please post!!

Thanks for your help!

Sarasota, Florida
4. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Anyone know if tropico latino offers breakfast? Silly question, I know but very important to my boyfriend before surfing!!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
5. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Yes they have breakfast and very good. Do a search on TA for Tropico Latino and you will see lots of great info on Tropico Latino.

so fla
6. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

def. tropico latino!!! love that place. im not sure of the other one--but u will luv TL!!!! great atmosphere-people r awesome,,,beach right there....enjoy:)

Washington DC
7. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Can anyone comment on Moana? I am also deciding between Moana and Tropico Latino. We are leaning towards the Moana because of the price.

How farfrom the beach is the Moana? Is it close to restaunts in Mal Pais?

Thanks,

Matt

costa rica
8. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

Moana Lodge is lovely, about 100 meters+ from the beach with a swimming pool.

link here

…typepad.com/mal_pais_costa_rica/…index.html

Sarasota, Florida
9. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

I almost decided to go with TL but then I've read their recent reviews and they have been horrible!! Mostly, it seems that they have an insect problem, which may be understandable on the beach but for the money, I'm wondering if I should go with Moana!!! Uggghhh, this has been a very difficult decision=)

ANYONE who has stayed at Moana??? Nicoya, do they have a restaurant or one near????

10. Re: Moana Lodge or Tropico Latino??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:47 am, March 04, 2007