We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb question

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dumb question

I was looking at hotels/houses/lodges in Mal Pais but some come up as Santa Teresa. SO are they basically one in the same or at least very very close. I want to be in Mal Pais however when I look at a map with accomodations it looks as though they are in teh same place.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
1. Re: Dumb question

There is a long string of beach towns in this area and everything is very spread out along either side of the long road that parallels the beach. You don't walk from town to town but you could bike or use an ATV if you won't have a car. From south to north it's first Malpais, then Playa Carmen, then Santa Teresa, then Manzanillo. You can see maps of the area with hotel locations at www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/north.php Basically since Malpais has the most name recommendation, followed by Santa Teresa, lodgings tend to be a little loose about describing their location to attract the widest audience.

Costa Rica
reviews: 57
2. Re: Dumb question

Actually between Santa Teresa and Manzanillo there is the community of Playa Hermosa as well. There is a great map at www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/north.php.

Costa Rica
reviews: 57
3. Re: Dumb question

Sorry, just realized the map link was already posted! Have a great trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Dumb question

BAsically the same beach...lovely beach...long and nice...

roadadvisor

5. Re: Dumb question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 07, 2014