We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Teresa to Liberia (returning)

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sherbrooke, Canada
reviews: 1
Santa Teresa to Liberia (returning)

I know that i am annoying with all these questions but I have one last question i would like to ask you. I am leaving Santa Teresa on December 23 or December 22. I would like to know what is the fastest way for me to go to Liberia. Should I leave Santa Teresa earlier to get to another town (montezuma/cobano) so that it is easier to go to Liberia? If I pay for a private shuttle, will I have to go through the same itinerary as I will do when arriving (puntarenas, ferry to paquera etc.) I would like to avoid this itinerary because it is quite long and I don't want to miss my flight.

Thank you so much once again!!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Santa Teresa to Liberia (returning)

Hi MarcCR:

Don't worry about questions....there is never too many!

Your quickest route back to Liberia is via a shuttle, I believe Blue Zone Shuttles across from the BNCR bank has a scheduled time for transfer to Liberia. They take the route up the Nicoya Peninsula, not across the ferry. Likely takes approx. 4 hrs.

You may want to check with them and arrange your return about a week before your departure date. Depending on what time your plane leaves, you may have to be in Liberia the night before to be sure you catch your flight.

There is also a ride-share Facebook page for the area, you might be able to catch a ride back with someone heading in that direction and share in fuel expenses.

2. Re: Santa Teresa to Liberia (returning)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013