We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, California
Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

My family and I have a chance to be able to go to Mal Pais Costa Rica during the last week of September. I understand that is the wet season. Just wondering if It would still be worth going? Or will it just be raining so much that it would be hard to enjoy our time outside?

Edited: 11:59 am, August 02, 2012
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
1. Re: Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

I haven't been to Mal Pais in September but I have talked to many people that live there and they love to tell stories about September rains and what the roads turn into. This green season so far has been really dry IMO. I just returned home from a month stay in CR and we barely saw any rain. We missed thouse big thunderstorms.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

To bad for agriculture ...but great for tourism...this year we are in El Niño year...that means a lot less rain...maybe this yearr is going to be not that crazy big rains around that part of Nicoya Peninsula!

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
3. Re: Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

I've been to Mal Pais in Sept. and had a mix of sun and rain. Very enjoyable. Some of the best sunsets I have ever seen. I'd go for it.

4. Re: Vacation in Mal Pais Costa Rica at the end of September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 21, 2013