We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 16
Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I went to the Latitude 10 website today and learned that as of March 1, Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca and the name has been changed to Florblanca Reserva.

Anybody have any information about the change over?

I noticed prices were raised substantially for rooms and that there were changes in some amenities.

It is unclear to me, for example, whether there have been corresponding increases to prices for the meal plan (if it still exists) or activities.

I saw the chef is the same, but what about the rest of the staff people have raved about?

My guess is that the two resorts joining together is positive. But since I had read so many positive things about Latitude 10 and I am getting ready to stay there I am naturally concerned. I presume my reserved rate won't change but I am concerned for planning purposes about changes that might have occurred in the atmosphere and food and activity cost.

Anybody out there in the know?

New York City, New...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I almost had a heart attack when I went to the original website. I was in the process of confirming my reservations with them when I learned they had merged. Fortunately, I was able to get the old rate confirmed, so if you've made a deposit, they won't raise your rate.

I have been wondering about the meal plan too. We chose this place in part because of the rave reviews about the food. I am waiting on a reply from Johnny about something else, so I'll ask him. By the way, he and Jenny are still there, Marianne is too, but I think she's over at Florblanca now.

The positives are that you can use the free amenities at Florblanca like the basic bikes and surfboards, plus yoga and Pilates classes. I also saw on the website that they are providing electric carts you can use to drive over to Florblanca, as well as wireless internet.

To me, the negatives would be that people from Florblanca can come eat at Latitude 10. I am getting married and honeymooning there, and it would be nice to have the place to ourselves if there are no other guests.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all I know. I can't wait to hear what you discover when you're there. When will you be back?

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

Wow, what a shame.

Rates went up almost 50%.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

Both Johnny and Marrianne claim nothing has changed but the added benefits of having access to the activities and facilities at Florblanca.

We will see. I hope that proves true. I will let you know in a couple of weeks when I get back!

costa rica
reviews: 2
4. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I just ran across this post and out of curiosity went to the website. I find it amazing how high the prices are and am perplexed by the whole thing.

Latitude 10 is not connected or even right door to Florblanca. It's not far, but not connected. I'm really not sure what guests are really gaining that they couldn't have already even if they were staying somewhere else.

Outside guests can go to the restaurant, I believe yoga is only $10, and I really don't know of anything else that would be beneficial to guests of Latitude 10 that would constitute or even be worth paying so much more.

Maybe people that actually stay will be able to shed some light on it, but the whole thing is just strange to me.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

Fortunately I have the old rates. I guess I will find out if the relationship with Florblanca adds any real value.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

We are staying there in mid to late May. I also got confirmation that the rates reserved will be honored. I was planning on adding the meal plan when we got there and I emailed asking if that was still an option for the $65 pp plus tax aq night rate. I haven't heard back yet.

Is anyone booked there soon? Would love a report back. I spent a month searching for the perfect hotel and thought I found it in latitude 10, was bummed to learn that it merged but it will still be a great vacation I think.

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 30
7. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I received an email from Johnny today. The meal plan is no longer. They did honor our reservation as well.

Alexandria, Virginia
8. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I also got an emal that no more meal plan but the prices only slightly went up for the regular menu

Houston, Texas
9. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

I just returned from Latitude 10 (now Florblanca Reserva).

First, let me say that all the reviews about Latitude 10 are right on. It is an incredible place.

After staying there, I don't think the new ownership and relationship with Florblanca has had any immediate impact, other than slightly higher food prices and the abililty to go to Florblanca and take Yoga or use the internet. Based on what I read and expected from the resort, the atmosphere and service is unchanged.

There are some policy changes that are going to affect families that want to stay there, but honeymooners and couples will be happy. If other changes are going to occur, they have not happened yet. Only time will tell.

The only way the increase in price for rooms at Latitude 10 can be justified is to argue that the price was below what the market would bear for this resort to begin with.

If you use Florblanca as the standard, then based on what I saw, I think I would pay more to stay at Latitude 10, even without some of the amenities Florblanca has to offer. Hopefully Florblanca will recognize the unique appeal of Latitude 10 and not mess with a staff and concept that works.

Alexandria, Virginia
10. Re: Just learned Latitude 10 is now part of Florblanca

Thanks for the report! One question, was breakfast still included in the rate if you had an original rate? Thanks!