We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montezuma to Jaco?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 1
Montezuma to Jaco?

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I will be travelling from Montezuma back to the San Jose area and we were wondering if it's possible to take a ferry from Montezuma to Jaco and then drive (or take some sort of shuttle) from Jaco to San Jose. Please advise! Thanks :)

Toronto
11. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

After a wk in Mal Pais, I too am going to taxi across to Jaco. I have decided to do dinner as well in Montezuma ... stay overnight at El Jardin (about $90) and then take the 9:30am boat in the morning. Why not have a relaxing dinner, enjoy the evening and then head back in the morning. There is no 'ferry' to Jaco, there is only this water taxi and they only run 1 per day in each direction. In the morning only.

Los Angeles
reviews: 2
12. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

The $35-$35 fare for the Jaco-Montezuma water taxi usually only heads each direction once per day. I did the trip in November with Zuma Tours and they had one boat leaving Jaco at 10:45 am and one boat leaving Montezuma at 9:00 or 9:30am.

You usually need to plan on spending one night if you are planning to return to Jaco, unless you charter your own boat for a private expedition, which costs about $250.

Toronto
13. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

Current price for 1 way per person is $40 and they leave Montezuma at 9:30am. They suggested that we book ahead and if they don't have enough people the cancel the boat!!!! Boy then you are stuck ... same for me.

Toronto
reviews: 26
14. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

Larox,

There are 3 of us travelling to CR in January and we like your plan (taxi boat to Montezuma for day and return to Jaco after meal at same restaurant) and will be very interested to hear if you are able to arrange this and how you enjoy it.

Toronto
15. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

This is not too feasable as to cross this body of water in the dark at night is about 45 minutes. The first one to post was last January, so my bet is they either canned the idea or went over, had dinner, stayed there and came back in the morning. Only way to do it is to have Zuma tours quote you a price for a private boat. I have heard of rates anywhere from $250 to $750 ... lotta money when a hotel is only $90. I see you are also from Toronto. We are taking the water taxi on Jan 15th to Jaco.

Winnipeg, Canada
16. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

Hi. We will be arriving in Jaco on the 15th - early evening and staying till the 30th.

If anyone is interested in sharing a boat to and from Montezuma from Jaco (for a same day charter) it would cheaper. Please let me know.

Our schedule is flexible, nothing booked yet. We have a driver so will be going on outings every other day.

Toronto
reviews: 26
17. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

Hi,

I wish my dates matched. We will be in Jaco from January 8 to 15. If anyone is interested in sharing a private boat during that time please contact me.

18. Re: Montezuma to Jaco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 14, 2009