We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the marriott...

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VERMONT
reviews: 8
Staying at the marriott...

How far is jaco from this hotel....and a couple of bar/foodie places to get take out to bring back to hotel....i know its going to expensive at the marriott....and is there liquor stores in area....will be renting a car from san jose airport so transportation is not a problem....thank you

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Staying at the marriott...

JAco is not more than 15 minutes...you can get some great wine selection and all kinds of hard liquor at Auto Mercado...just 5 minutes from Marriot...also...nice good food at El Pelicano restaurant also about 5 minutes from Marriot...of course cheaper than Marriott restaurant..

roadadvisor

Edited: 3:07 pm, June 17, 2013
Newport Beach, Ca
reviews: 5
2. Re: Staying at the marriott...

The Auto Mercado supermarket is maybe a mile from the resort on corner of the highway and the turnoff to Herradura beach. Close enough for me to drive the golf cart, and Jaco is a short 10 min away. Plenty of options for everything within 10-15 min drive.

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
3. Re: Staying at the marriott...

Restaurants outside of Marriott on the beach: sunset bar, el Pelicano, and Juanita's. Sunset looks like it is going to fall into the stream, but is excellent local food. El Pelicano is more upscale. Juanita's has a wide selection. Within Los Suenos try the golf course restaurant Best value for the Marriott. A short walk within the complex is the Hook Up which is also good. You will find a ton of options in Jaco. For take out try Pizza Pata. You will find it across from Daystar Center and behind Pizza Hut. A little hard to find, but great pizza

Playa Hermosa...
4. Re: Staying at the marriott...

Pelicano and Juanitas, on the beach in Herredura bay very close to the resort are good choices, they are a little bit cheaper than the spots in the resort.

there is a liquor store in the marina village in Los Suenos, it is about a 5 minute walk from the Marriott.

it is open till around 11 most nights and prices are not out of line

automercado also has good liquor selection as mentioned.

Bamboo- the asian fusion/ sushi restaurant also in the marina village is one of my favorite restaurants in Los Suenos, it is no more expensive than the sushi places in Jaco.

Hook up is pretty good too and so is Lanterna, the itallian restaurant also in marina village.

El galleon is probably the priciest of the places to eat in LS but is excellent

Playa Hermosa...
5. Re: Staying at the marriott...

i forgot to mention Jimmy T's provisions also located in the Los Suenos marina area, next to the ship store (close to the fuel dock)

it is a gourmet store/ deli which specializes in provisioning traveling yachts.

has many different pre-cooked dishes available daily,

it changes daily and is worth checking for a quick meal to take home

in addition to snacks, cheeses, salads, imported meats, ice cream, and much more (except sandwiches which he is not allowed to sell)

I use Jimmy T's for lunches on my charters and his food is excellent.

the lasagna, chicken cordon blue, sausage and peppers, beef brisket, and pasta salad are just a few of my favorites

Jaco, Costa Rica
reviews: 20
6. Re: Staying at the marriott...

The Marriott at Los Suenos is about 15 mins driving from Jaco. There are several restaurants around the Marriott in the Los Suenos resort. There is also Jimmy T's Provisions, which is a grocery store for everything you need snackwise. They also offered prepared foods if you order in advance as well as daily specials and salads. It's a great option for people staying at Marriott.

VERMONT
reviews: 8
7. Re: Staying at the marriott...

Thank you so much for your replys.... A big help..jon

New Orleans
reviews: 48
8. Re: Staying at the marriott...

Lots of good info here, the one thing I think that was left out was that I buy all my liquor at the duty free store at the SJO Airport. Best prices in San Jose.

Also can say that I love Jimmy T's Provisions. The salads and pre cooked meals Rock!

New Orleans
reviews: 48
9. Re: Staying at the marriott...

I meant best prices in COSTA RICA!

10. Re: Staying at the marriott...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 22, 2014