We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaco beach condos

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 3
Jaco beach condos

Hi,

trying to decide between Tres REGALOS, Bahia ENCANTADA and Diamanté del sol. From what I've read on this forum, they all sound very nice. We are looking for a soft sand beach, not rocky, do any of these places offer that?

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
1. Re: Jaco beach condos

As much as I love Diamante, you will have your share of rocks in front of the condo due to the river. I love the location because it is in the middle of town and you are never more than a 5 minute walk to anything. The development is also much more modern than the other two.

Bahia and Tres Regalos are on the North end of the beach. The beach is basically the same for both of these complexes.

Bahia is a larger complex and slightly closer to town. It is done in the rustico style so it is a mix of rustic and modern. It is maybe 5 minutes closer to town and close to a couple of soda's.

Tres Regalos is usually a bit quieter and has more full time residence. They have the only salt water pool in town. The units are all individually decorated, so the look and feel can be very different. The back building has slightly better/modern finishes than the front.

Besides the beach, what is important to you? I have been to all three and stayed at two of them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Jaco beach condos

I really like Bahia Encantada...nice condos...good loation!

roadadvisor

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: Jaco beach condos

Hi, thanks for that information. We are first time visitors to Costa Rica and are trying to decide between the Flamingo beach area and the Jaco beach area. We are not looking so much for adventure activities, our priorities are: a clean beach, swimable ocean and nice accommodations.......clean, good ocean view, quiet not a biggy. Also we don't plan on renting a car, so something that is close enough to walk to town to enjoy some of the local flavour (restaurants, bars, art shops).

Ida

Edited: 10:03 pm, April 01, 2013
Denver, CO
reviews: 57
4. Re: Jaco beach condos

Flamingo is a beautiful beach, but I personally feel that the area has become very North Americanized. That can bring some good things, but if you are looking to experience more of a Costa Rican feel Jaco is a great choice.

One place that you did not mention was Vista Las Palmas. Great beach in front and also centrally located. Easy walk to everything. The south end of the beach also has better swimming waters. However, you can walk the entire beach in 30-45 minutes.

Jaco, Costa Rica
5. Re: Jaco beach condos

I agree with PumpkinDenver, I am very partial to the south end of the beach in Jaco. Maybe also look into Paloma Blanca down there. They are part of the Daystar properties as are the other 3. And there is a great new little beach bar called The Point just a few doors down from there. Opened last week. A lot of people that live in Jaco also like the south end for play and especially for sunset so you should meet some friendly folk around there.

Edmonton, Canada
6. Re: Jaco beach condos

Thank you both for the comments about the south end of Jaco beach, I was wondering what the beach was like there. Actually, one of the places on our radar is the penthouse suite at the Paloma Blanca. I will also check out Vista Las Palmas. I am definitely wanting a more Costa Rican flavoured holiday so I think the Jaco area will be my choice.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Minneapolis
reviews: 5
7. Re: Jaco beach condos

he said: clean beach, swimable ocean

How do the beaches at Jaco fit that?

Jaco, Costa Rica
8. Re: Jaco beach condos

Know people who have surfed there for over 20 years, so go figure.....

9. Re: Jaco beach condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 04, 2014