We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time Costa Rica couples vacation...suggestions PLEASE!

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
first time Costa Rica couples vacation...suggestions PLEASE!

HI there, I'm sure there are at least a dozen threads asking the same information but well.... I have no excuse.

My husband and I as well as another couple are renting a condo in Jaco and arriving in 2 weeks!! We are so excited but being a working new mom, I'm off my game when it comes to travel research. We are renting a car so that we can explore places, and things outside of Jaco. Our small groups love to snorkel, explore, charter a fishing boat, and stay active but we also love just laying on the beach consuming lovely local adult beverages. I'd love any inside information as far as day trips, must see's, beach and water activities, maybe any local events, and of course local fresh food (preferably anything seafood.) We are planning to find a local grocery store and liquor store for some at home supplies. this is the first time we've not done a cruise, or all inclusive, forcing us to really put ourselves out there in this beautiful place. We are spending 8 days in Jaco and are so excited but I'm a little overwhelmed at the same time...Help please :)

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
11. Re: first time Costa Rica couples vacation...suggestions PLEASE!

Look on vrbo, homeaway, and Costa Rica Dreammakers site. You can find many houses on those sites. If you decide on the Jaco area Dreammakers represents one of the most unbelievable houses I have ever seen it is completely open on one side to the jungle (just remember not to leave food out!). 5 minutes outside of Jaco you have Hermosa Palms development. I know of a large ocean front house there that is on vrbo and flipkey that is amazing. Many choices, so look around. If you don't want to look around then use something like Dreammakers to help you find the place.

12. Re: first time Costa Rica couples vacation...suggestions PLEASE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2014