We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to provide his/her experience with how the weather in Jaco's been in the absolute beginning of May. I know that May is the wet season, but I'm hoping that 05/01 to 05/05 will be clear skies; at least most of the time!?

Also, can anyone give his/her feedback on the Best Western's food? We're getting the all-inclusive option, and although we don't mind on eating outside the hotel's premises once in awhile, we are paying for the all-inclusive option, so we're hoping the food is edible.

Any responses are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Richmond, VA
reviews: 1
1. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

Hi, the weather should be fine. Its really October and November that the weather is rainy. Through the summer, you'll get afternoon storms.

I have no idea about the food at the BW. I'd recommend eating out in town. Tons of great restaurants and at all budget levels.

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
2. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

It is true that rainy season is just a 10 minute shower around sunset most days. May s actually one of my favorite times because it feels more local.

No idea about the Best Western food. Great options in town that is an easy walk

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

Great weather around May at Central Pacific...but now days with global warming...you never know...

roadadvisor

4. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, May 06, 2013
crest, ca
reviews: 2
5. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

I'm not sure why you would want to eat at a Best Western in Costa Rica instead of trying all the wonderful options in the tico sodas and other amazing restaurants. Part of the fun and adventure of traveling is having local experiences in dining. The weather in May is fabulous. I have been to that part of Costa Rica four times in May. The weather there varies little....humid, and 80's in the day, mid 60's in the night. Very little clothing required. No real dressing up needed unless you plan on going somewhere really fancy. As others have stated, rain in brief spurts every few days in the afternoon or at night.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
6. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

I understand why people book all inclusive. When it is your first visit to a country you don't know how much all the extras will cost. We just returned from Curacao. The flight and hotel were cheap but food and drink was VERY expensive. This is not true in Costa Rica. Food and drinks are pretty affordable so you don't need to do all inclusive to save money. If possible try to change the reservation from all inclusive to just hotel. If not don't worry about it. Almost all the food in CR is amazing.

Staten Island, New...
7. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

The cost of the all-inclusive vs hotel-only was EXTREMELY minimal; therefore, we decided to go with the all-inclusive route. And actually, if we JUST have breakfast there, and maybe a few lunches, and had some alcohol, it'd be worth it to us - just the peace-of-mind of knowing that the food/drinks are at our doorstep is great.

Moving forward - can anyone comment on what kind of food is served at the Best Western? I know it'll probably be American-ish, but was the food good/bad/somewhere in between???

Thanks all for commenting!!!

8. Re: may 1 to may 5? weather? best western's food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2014