We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
reviews: 57
What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

I have been traveling to Jaco about 3 to 4 times a year for the past 4 years. Every time I go, I try to discover new favorites that I might not have read about. I wanted to see what others have found or discovered...

On this trip, this is what I found:

- Isaga: a great local soda down a side street towards the beach near the Best Brands store

- Tangeri just opened a beach front sports bar

- 5 day yoga pass at Aurora Yoga for $25

In past trips I found:

-Saca Gomas: rooftop bar on ocean with great happy hour specials and more Tico pricing

-Fish Market with the best ceviche on the sounth end of downtown

-Guacamole: Great unique beachy clothing

-Surf Contest Saturday night at the Backyard

-Farmer's Market on Friday

-Fruitrica stand by the bridge for better fruit than the grocery store.

What have you found?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Thank you for your great list...sorry I have nothing new around there to tell you...of course they are new thinks...!

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
2. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Good list. I am sure I will think of more but Tsunami Sushi Wed. night 1/2 off rolls is awesome.

chicago
reviews: 9
3. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Not sure if you consider them hidden, but love the Copacabana Hotel and

Wahoo's Bar and Restaurant, great service and sea food!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
4. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Being from Texas, I really find myself missing Tex Mex. I really like Jaco Taco, a little pricy, but very good Mexican Food. Located on the main drag at the north end, near Best Western. And it's open real late, if not 24 hours.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
5. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

El Paso del Tigre will be opening their new restaurant just north of their former location in South Jaco Beach! Great authentic CR food and great people!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
6. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Thanks Lisa for letting us know. We missed them this summer. The new soda at the very south end of the road is really good, but the kids miss the pool table from Tigre :)

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
7. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

We drove by while we were there looking for it. Where exactly is the new location? Is it on the same street but closer to the end of the road?

Playa Hermosa...
8. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

Paso Del Tigre re-opening is on the same road,same side of the road ,but a little closer to the center of town. the new building looks nice, big open air traditional Tico - ranchero styled place.

there is also a new soda at the corner of south end (hermosa side) of the same road. it has excellent food at good prices- my favorite is the jumbo curry shrimps

also don't forget to try Bubba's on Bohio (fish tacos) 2 for 1 on wends day night- best fish tacos in CR, everything else on the menu is very good too. on the beach on Bohio road- the center road to the beach in center of Jaco

Bethlehem...
reviews: 4
9. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

How about $1 beer night on Thursdays at Claritas! So much fun!

World
reviews: 52
10. Re: What hidden gems have you found in Jaco?

It is not advertised but Tsunami Sushi has 1/2 price entrees on Thursday nights! Last night I got Filet Mignon Stir-Fry for only $11!