We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Restaurant Suggestions

We have a large group of guys going to Jaco soon to fish. Could anyone suggest some nicer restaurants that could handle a group of 15 in the Jaco area or close nearby? Also, are the restaurants at Los Suenos open to all or just those staying at the resort? Thanks in advance.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

At Los Sueños restaurants are open to general public...try Hook Up great burgers..great fish...nice place plenty room for 15 or even more people!

roadaddisor

Jaco, Costa Rica
reviews: 8
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Ocean Waves at the Copacabana Hotel is really good, extensive menu, and if you go fri, sat or sund they have life music, also if you catch fish you can bring it to them and they will cook it for you for a small fee. check it out !!!

CT
reviews: 20
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Try Lemon Zest. It's not a large place, but you can probably make a reservation for your group.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

At the Los Suenos Marina, the Hook Up and Lanterna are both large enough and good. Outside of Los Suenos at Herradura Beach (turn right outside the resort and go west to the beach), El Pelicano is good. In Jaco Beach, El Hicaco on the beach is large enough for your group, excellent seafood, Wed. nite "All You Can Eat Seafood Fest". One of the very best in Jaco is Lemon Zest as Riley noted. It's rather small but the food is fantastic. Definitely make a reservation though! (Avoid Red Lobster in Jaco Beach. It is not affiliated with the chain in the states!)

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 17
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I suggest Lemon Zest - it can easily take your 15 person group. The lobster and duck are great there.

Midland, Texas
reviews: 122
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

At Los Suenos Marina, the Hook Up and Lanterna both will cook fish that you catch (can't get any fresher) or if you are catch and release the menu items are good as well!

In Jaco my favorite is Caliche's Wishbone, great fresh tuna and seafood..can easily accomidate fairly large groups.

Lemon Zest is definitely good-upscale dining..

Other casual options include Los Amigos Bar and Grill and Wahoos in Jaco.

Enjoy!!

Philadelphia...
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

The vibe, sunset and service ai El Pelacanno when they are preparing your catch 3 different ways is one of my best land experiences in the central Pacific. We invited the charter boat Capt and two mates after a particurly productive day ( 2 giant wahoo and many more Mahi Mahi plus bill fish release) and the bill for 10 (including Capt, wife and 8 yr old daughter) was more than reasonable. They didn't speak much english and our espanol was worse, but the hours passed like seconds as we watched the sun dip into the Pacific. After dozens of Imperials we gave the last of the COOKED fish to the table of 6 anglers ( big boat) who ran out of their meager catch and the bag of uncooked fish went to our Capt and crew. Our last bit of teamwork for the night was Razzing (8 yr old led the way) the guys eating our fish.

Recomendation #1 El Pelicanno with your catch

Recomendation #2 Enjoy the people they are the best part.

Playa Hermosa...
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Lemon Zest in Jaco is top notch. every plate is excellent- try the lobster franchise

Pelicano on heredurra beach, right outside Los Suenos is one of all my client's favorite- open air, very nice tradition styled Tico restaurant right on the beach

try the whole fried snapper with garlic butter

any Los Suenos restaurant can handle large groups, all have very good food, and service and are very convenient if you are staying in LS- Bamboo the asian/ sushi is my favorite

Hicaco, on Jaco beach is a very nice, upscale, Americanized version of El Pelicano in heredurra. with bigger menu. also open air, right in the beach. can easily handle large groups.

(but most people prefer Pelicano)

Chattanooga...
reviews: 30
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

The Hook Up is a fun casual place with a great view as it is on the second floor. El Pelicano was very good and right on the beach. We enjoyed El Galeon very much as well. We did not care for Bambu (the sushi restaurant at the Los Suenos marina).

I think my vote goes to El Pelicano. Food, service and ambiance all very good.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
10. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Most places can handle your group but you may want to give them a heads up. Are you hiring a driver for your trip? If you are and they are a full service driver then they should be able to handle all this for you. Actually my favorite restaurant is Tsunami Sushi and they have a bunch of different specials depending on the day and time. Lemon Zest is very good. Where are you staying, in Jaco, north end or south end, Los Suenos, Hermosa? I also love the food at Club Del Mar. Norma is an excellent chef. Wishbones in town is also good. I really enjoy some of the more casual places as well. Of course Sodas are my favorite, but Bubbas, Taco Bar and Los Amigos for lunch (they have my favorite seared tuna wrap only at lunch time).