We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
reviews: 11
Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Any suggestions on where we could stay in Jaco that has great beachfront accomodations. I had a penthouse reservation booked in April for Bahia Encantada for my early August trip and they called today and cancelled our reservation due to "roof maintenance". I will be sure to stop by while in town to see if that is the truth or if they just rented it out for more than what we paid.

Anyway, we had what i thought was a great place at a great price ($179 night) and I am looking for something similar. For those who have stayed in Jaco are there any specific beachfront locations you would suggest? I am 30, traveling with my girlfriend, and will have a rental car. Her sister and brother in law may be there too so at least a 2 bedroom.

Any help is greatly appreciated as now we are a little over a month from traveling and scramling to find a nice place to stay on the water.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

That's a real tough break, but as to a rental, Jaco Realty (Michael Greenwald) www.jacorealty.com/listings/search.php… offers vacation rentals, however, you may want to call him or his staff directly to set something in stone for your trip. These people are well known in Jaco and I believe they do what they say. Have a great holiday, when things settle.

Tampa, FL
2. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Thanks I will look into it. We also are looking at Paloma Blanca, we found someone renting one of the units closest to the water with a lot of positive reviews on VRBO.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
3. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Paloma Blanca is not as nice as BAhia Encantada, but is a good option. It is at the other end of the beach, which I prefer. The only problem I have with Paloma is that the grounds are almost entirely covered in concrete. It feels strange and makes it extra hot. Other then that the place is in a good location and has some nice amenities.

Have you looked at Club Del Mar? Best option for on the beach and best hotel in Jaco. They have unites with kitchens and an excellent restautant and other great things.

Good Luck.

Tampa, FL
4. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

I will check that out too. My girlfriend is super indecisive so every time we have a decesion there is another option. How is Diamante Del Sol?

Denver, CO
reviews: 57
5. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Diamanté del sol is another great location and is a short walk to town

World
reviews: 53
6. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Excluding the hotels already mentioned, I would suggest checking out the following: Vista Las Palmas, Pachote Grande, Balcon Del Mar, Vista Mar, and Hotel Cocal. Hope this helps. Make sure to check out Waterfall Tours while in Jaco, they are amazing!

Cartago, Costa Rica
7. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

La paloma blanca or diamante del sol would be great alternatives

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 17
8. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Paloma Blanca is dirty - I've stayed there several times and the bathrooms always smell of urine.

Diamante del Sol is really nice. Also Palms. Both are Day Star properties - you can go to their website and rent directly from them.

If you do decide on Paloma Blanca, ask for a high floor. The ground level condo are right beside the pool and very noisy.

Tampa, FL
9. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

Thanks for all the great advice. @Livinglife - we are definitely doing a waterfall tour while there. We were going to use costaricawaterfalltours.com They seem to have great reviews and we are both thrill seekers so we are going to do the "extreme adventurer" tour so we can jump huge waterfalls. Sounds like fun. Any other suggestions we are there for 4 days?

We are also doing Arenal and Monteverde on our trip. Really looking forward to it. 42 days away!

By the way we decided on Paloma Blanca. We were able to find a unit that faces the water and many reviews said it was thebest unit in the complex. Hopefully it works out, I will let you guys know!

Tampa, FL
10. Re: Beachfront Accomodations? Bahia Encantada cancelled us

One more question. Do you guys think it is better to reserve the excursions in costa rica ahead of time or wait until we are there and then book them? My concern is weather causing them to be cancelled and also maybe negotiating rates when i am there to be lower than if I book prior.