We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaco Vip

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Highland Park...
reviews: 5
Jaco Vip

Just got back yesterday from our trip. 8 of us went down for a buddys wedding and we booked through Jaco VIP. I was VERY skeptical, but as the guy that planned everything for my friends, let me tell you that this is the way to go. Here is why.

They picked up three different groups at the airport with no glitch.

We booked 3 trips through them. Rafting, Zip and ATV. All were fantastic. More importantly, they had Jaco VIP hosts (great girls!) that would come to our house an hour before each trip to make sure we were ready, make sure the transportation was there and see us off! That, itself was over the top and very useful. On a couple of occassions we actually moves around our trips that day after the host showed up.

All trips booked through them were A+, top of the class trips that included all transportation top and from. Another thing not to think about on vacation. They just made sure we got there and were there when the trips were over. Never waited one minute for a ride.

They had Jaco VIP people stop by our place at all times making sure everything was okay and taking us around a well.

When the trip was over, they took care of airport pick ups and even showed up at 515am to see off a group of three guys. They were there to make sure they got off okay and their taxi showed up.

(All Taxi's were actually nice size air conditoned vans that seat about 10)

The hosts were constantly avaialble to shop for us (food or drink), take us around or do anything, and those hosts were so friendly, and fun, they became part of our trip.

All in all, I was blown away by Jaco VIP. I had no idea that they would be providing that high of a levle of service and would tell anyone that if you are planning a trip to Jaco, I would do it through JACO VIP.

Again, I am from Chicago and was very skepitcal, but they truly did an incredible job and were completely and 100% organized and knew every trip, taxi, activity, etc we were doing. I had a good feeling when they sent the confirmation spreadsheet showing everyones flights with flight numbers as well as all the activites and times.

Thank you Laura and Jaco VIP!!

18 replies to this topic
Jaco
reviews: 7
11. Re: Jaco Vip

Our family has gone with Jaco VIP several times. We honestly would not go there without them. They make everything so easy for us and their service is 2nd to none. They have day concierges who come and make sure everything is okay and see what they can do for you as well as make sure you get to tours if you are doing any that day. They also have night concierges who do the same.....our kids love them even us old folks don't go out that much. Anybody who does not go with Jaco VIP is doing their trip disservice. They are very professional and their chefs are top notch. Jaco VIP is amazing and I would recommend them to anybody to coming to Jaco!!!

Beaumont, Texas
12. Re: Jaco Vip

I booked everything through JacoVIP and we are heading down there this Thursday.

Dame_hag, was the house, service, and general expectations met? The penalty for booking tours outside of JacoVIP is clearly stated within the fine print among the many emails sent and received between you and JacoVIP. The emails also clearly stated not to damage, or dirty the white towels (and sheets, comforters, ect.) to where they cannot be cleaned. If you do so you will be charged a penalty fee. Did you REALLY think that it would be a good idea to wipe MUD off of yourself with a WHITE towel? Yeah, you deserve the fee.

It is NOT JacoVIP's fault that the two people did not clearly read the fine print and get in touch with each other about every aspect of your vacation. Sorry you had to go through that ordeal, but your group brought it upon yourselves.

The $500 deposit was also clearly stated in many different emails and that any fees or penalties would be deducted from it.

I will report back after my vacation.

Edited: 4:17 pm, July 15, 2013
Miami
reviews: 1
13. Re: Jaco Vip

Just got back from a trip that I booked with Jaco Vip. I stayed at the Fiesta del Mar with 10 friends and we had the most amazing experience. With limited time in Jaco about three days I am very happy that they took care of everything, it let me enjoy my vacation. The ATV waterfall tour was awesome and we jumped off a 45 foot cliff with the most ridiculous guide. The fishing trip was epic and I caught a 140 lb tuna which was one of the biggest of the season (btw Mike Aligood captain on the epic is the way to go). And having a full time concierge is amazing as anything you need they go and get it for you. For example, after a long day of fishing no one wanted to get up and drive to a local gas station to pick up groceries. Everyone in Costa Rica works for tips, and I was amazing how much help we had. About 3-4 maids, a security guard, a driver, a chef and a full time guide/concierge. My trip was rather inexpensive in light of everything we received. BTW the chef was incredible, cooked our tuna 5 different ways, sushi etc. Everyone in Jaco Vip is very reasonable and I would book my trip through them or recommend them to anyone.

Upstate New York
reviews: 39
14. Re: Jaco Vip

Just got back a few weeks ago from Costa Rica with my brother and a great friend from college.

Jaco Vip- more than delivered on our trip.

The villa was fantastic and the attention to detail was also much appreciated. They picked us up in San Jose- drove us to Jaco and everything was smoothed as silk.

Yes- they want you to book the tours through them but who cares...all the prices are the same. Yes- they go through the villa with a fine tooth comb...that's why the place is in great condition.

I totally recommend them and we plan on going back next year.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
15. Re: Jaco Vip

I can not beleive some people...how can they keep money if you do not buy the tours??

That is openly a scam...plain scam...try to get that money back from JAco VIP...that is not nice at all...a total ripp off...I did not know that somenthing like that was happening in my country...really and sorry but that sounds like a mafia kind of deal! We do not need that kind of people around our country!

roadadvisor

Michigan
reviews: 15
16. Re: Jaco Vip

roadadvisor

As I have mentioned a few times here on TA, my wife and I own a condo in Jaco and now spend a total of 7 moths out of the year there. I can safely say we are Jaco experts now. I respect the number of posts you have contributed on this site, but I have to say your comments about Jaco VIP are very out of line and wrong.

I am surprised the TA moderators have not removed them. Did you not read all of the other posts and compliments about them in this thread? It's obvious there are many of their groups that are very pleased about Jaco VIP's services and what a great job they do for them, which is even included in the first half of dame_hag's post.

I don't know anything about the details behind negative part of dame_hag's post at the end, but I am sure there is another side to the story and perhaps it was nothing more than a misunderstanding. As I have said before , we have known the owners and many of the staff from Jaco VIP for several years now and I will say again, they run a first class operation and the best bachelor party planning and hosting service in Costa Rica without a doubt.

When we are in Jaco we run into a lot of Jaco VIP groups and have even been invited over to the rental homes they are staying in for drinks and dinner. Every one of the people from the Jaco VIP groups we meet tell us about what a great time they are having, how everything Jaco VIP set up for them was first class, and how well they are being taken care of by the Jaco VIP staff.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but you are 100% wrong to say "you do not need a company or people like this in your country" . Jaco VIP does a great job to make sure that visitors to Costa Rica don't get ripped off, get good prices on everything, have a good time, stay safe and leave with good things to say about your beautiful country. To the contrary of your comment, they are truly an asset to Costa Rica without a doubt as well as to their many groups that they host.

For anyone looking to plan a great bachelor party trip or just a great overall trip to the Jaco Beach area, I will again highly recommend you contact the crew at Jaco VIP www.jacovip.com is their web site. The wife and I will be back in Jaco from the last week of November all the way through late April. We can't wait to get back to Costa Rica. Safe and happy travels to you all and Pura Vida forever!

Beaumont, Texas
17. Re: Jaco Vip

Finally getting around to write a short review of Jaco and JavoVIP.

The city of Jaco is great. Good night life, good eats (local joints, not touristy places), and lots of fun. Would go again for bachelor parties but never a family vacation.

JacoVIP is great. They take care of everything for you. Sure they require you to book activities through them but its so much easier to do so rather than trying to find a place on your own and getting transportation. JacoVIP takes care of all of that for you. You pay for that convenience but its worth it.

As far as which activities to do I recommend white water rafting, atv tour, and zip lining.

18. Re: Jaco Vip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:50 am, October 08, 2013

Reply to: Jaco Vip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted