We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaco Vip

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Highland Park...
reviews: 5
Jaco Vip

Just got back yesterday from our trip. 8 of us went down for a buddys wedding and we booked through Jaco VIP. I was VERY skeptical, but as the guy that planned everything for my friends, let me tell you that this is the way to go. Here is why.

They picked up three different groups at the airport with no glitch.

We booked 3 trips through them. Rafting, Zip and ATV. All were fantastic. More importantly, they had Jaco VIP hosts (great girls!) that would come to our house an hour before each trip to make sure we were ready, make sure the transportation was there and see us off! That, itself was over the top and very useful. On a couple of occassions we actually moves around our trips that day after the host showed up.

All trips booked through them were A+, top of the class trips that included all transportation top and from. Another thing not to think about on vacation. They just made sure we got there and were there when the trips were over. Never waited one minute for a ride.

They had Jaco VIP people stop by our place at all times making sure everything was okay and taking us around a well.

When the trip was over, they took care of airport pick ups and even showed up at 515am to see off a group of three guys. They were there to make sure they got off okay and their taxi showed up.

(All Taxi's were actually nice size air conditoned vans that seat about 10)

The hosts were constantly avaialble to shop for us (food or drink), take us around or do anything, and those hosts were so friendly, and fun, they became part of our trip.

All in all, I was blown away by Jaco VIP. I had no idea that they would be providing that high of a levle of service and would tell anyone that if you are planning a trip to Jaco, I would do it through JACO VIP.

Again, I am from Chicago and was very skepitcal, but they truly did an incredible job and were completely and 100% organized and knew every trip, taxi, activity, etc we were doing. I had a good feeling when they sent the confirmation spreadsheet showing everyones flights with flight numbers as well as all the activites and times.

Thank you Laura and Jaco VIP!!

Michigan
reviews: 15
1. Re: Jaco Vip

joshcohen

What a great trip report. We have known the guys that own and operate www.jacovip.com for a while now and have always recommended them to everyone! They are the best company by far to deal with here and do a first class job planning and hosting vacations.

They specialize in offering the best vacation rentals, transportation, tours, fishing boats, and concierge' service. We run into a lot of their groups every week here in town as they always have quite a few here, and in conversation

they all rant and rave about what a great time they are having and how professional Jaco VIP is. Again I can't suggest highly enough that anyone planning a trip to the Jaco or Los Suenos area contact Jaco VIP for the best vacation opportunities here. I know they do a lot of Bachelor party groups, but they also host a lot of family groups, wedding groups, and mixed groups from what I have seen.

Here is there contact information off of their web site

www.jacovip.com

US Toll Free: 1-877-707-5226

email: info@jacovip.com

If you contact them you will probably talk to Bobby first. Tell him/them Dave B says hello and keep up the good work!

Again great report and glad you all enjoyed this beautiful country.

Edited: 10:43 am, April 03, 2012
2. Re: Jaco Vip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, January 04, 2013
La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Jaco Vip

That is a pretty strong out of the blue statement on a public platform from somebody that just heard of the company. Do you have any direct experience with them?

Philadelphia...
4. Re: Jaco Vip

CostaKid - you make the internet a bad place even if Jaco VIP is advertising for free here.

reviews: 1
5. Re: Jaco Vip

We just booked our second vacation through JacoVIP. They handle our accommodations and book all our tours and charters, most at a reduced rate. They are always available for any needs you may have. Safe transportation to an from San Jose. If I'm traveling to Costa Rica, I'm booking it through JacoVip. They exceeded all our expectations

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Jaco Vip

My God Costa kid...even that you are a first poster and MOST of Jaco VIP are most of the time first poster...can you please let us know more about all the incidents about the pushy owner of VIP that try to sell tours...at any price!

I can see another first poster raving about Jaco VIP...I wonder why only first posters? HUMMM!!

roadadvisor

reviews: 1
7. Re: Jaco Vip

CostaKid, you're posting based on what other people may or may not have said. I'm posting from personal experience. When I hear words like "pushy", I immediately become skeptical of your post because they are not pushy at all. In fact they have never tried to "sell" or "push" anything to us. When we book with them they ask what we would like to do while we are there and they book it for us. I have been at the counter of the zip line tour and watched another group pay $10.00 per person more than we paid so their tour connections are legit. It is central America and one should always be mindful of their money and passports. Though they book great vacations, they may not be able to keep someone from being irresponsible.

Edited: 3:44 pm, November 05, 2012
Michigan
reviews: 15
8. Re: Jaco Vip

CostaKid

I'm surprised that the powers that be or moderators on Trip Advisor have not removed your post. Even to the untrained eye it's obvious you represent this other company you suggest people check out at the end of your post. Writing slander and lies to try and discredit JacoVIP and sway people to your company is discrediting to you and wahtever operation you're behind. It's not hard to figure out there's a hidden motive behind your post and It's you that is "kinda shady"

My wife and I have known the guys at Jaco VIP for well over a year and now know several of the full time concierge's that work for them and take care of their groups and their office staff. We spend several months a year at our Condo in Jaco, and know everyone in town. Jaco VIP has a very good reputation with everyone and is known for how good they take care of and look out for their guests. We hear this not only from local businesses and residents, but many of their groups that we run into every week while we are there, at local Jaco restaurants and some of the night spots we visit.

I have emailed one of the owners of Jaco VIP a link to this forum as I would imagine they will be interested in knowing what you have stated. I am sure they'll know who you are after they read this forum.

Pura Vida

**We're having a great holiday season traveling through Central America. Happy New Year to all.

Huntsville, Alabama
9. Re: Jaco Vip

First off, I’m not writing a review to bash JacoVIP but I’m writing this to inform others of some of the good and bad that I experienced. JacoVIP is a reputable company that really caters to the customer but I what I didn’t like was how they Monopolize what you can do as far as tours go. Let me explain.. they want you to book everything through them and if you don’t they charge you a penalty for it.. That is what sucked the most.

I went with a group of 6 guys to Jaco beach for 3 days in the middle of our trip to San Jose. We were picked up by JacoVIP from our hotel in jaco and the van was really nice. We get to Jaco and were greeted by the staff.. That’s where we paid a $500 deposit. After we pay the deposit we get to the villa (Casa Dulce) and the place was soooo nice to include 7 bedrooms, a personal pool and a view of the beach to die for. We get briefed by the staff (Maria) about the house and the area.. That night it was raining so we got a late start to getting out and about. We ended up letting our concierge Maria take us out to Le Loft which was great. We didn’t get any bottle service because we were already full of liquor before we left. The other 2 days were pretty much the same, raining and getting a late start to getting out but every night Maria was great and she actually hung out in the house with us while it rained and motivated the drunkys to actually get out..  Maria was great, she would order us food and all of our essentials and she even went to the pharmacy for another guy in our group because he had a hurt elbow from ATV’s on our second day. This is all the good but I do have some things that annoyed me and kind of made my trip with JacoVIP a little bitter sweet.

Ok for the bad.. Remember that $500 deposit well that was dwindled down to us only getting $260 of it back which pissed me off tremendously. The bulk of the deposit went to a penalty for taking a tour outside of JacoVip. Our group was planned by 2 different people, one booked the lodging and the other was in charge of booking the tours and activities. One of the guys booked the lodging without reading the fine print about booking tours. They have a policy that if you book a tour outside of them then you get fined a (undisclosed) penalty.. Well, the guy that booked the tours didn’t know so he booked ATV’s. After he found out that we would be fined he emailed the owner and asked what was up with the penalty and how much it would be. He emailed him back “you will find out when you get there”… WTF? Long story short we were fined a penalty of $200 for booking a $80 ATV tour.. This really put a damper on the end of the trip for me because for one why would you do that and why do you monopolize what a group can book. I understand its convenient but it shouldn’t be mandatory. Also, why $200 for the penalty for an $80 tour.. how much in commission were you making off of that tour. In my opinion the owner of JacoVIP was unreasonable and its funny because some of the staff felt the same way. I felt like I was getting gotten over on and it resulted in the employees NOT getting a tip. I felt bad about that but that $200 could’ve been their tip. Also, they count everything so make sure the inventory is right because we found some discrepancies in their count because believe me they will charge you for everything. I admit one of the shot glasses got broke so we take responsibility for that but they charged us for like 3 towels that were used to clean off the mid from the ATV’s. The cleaning lady said that she couldn’t wash them out so we had to pay $8 a piece for them.

Overall the trip was good, and the staff was great. The owner is unreasonable and it left a bad taste in my mouth about JacoVIP. Would I use them again or recommend? My answer is NO because I feel like I got taken advantage of. They hold your deposit for ransom.

Irvington, Virginia
10. Re: Jaco Vip

Dame_hag just wondering if the house and all the services provided were as expected?