We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for family?

Chicago, Illinois
Best place to stay for family?

We are considering a trip for next winter break and were looking at Lapa Rios, Bosque del Cabo, La Paloma, Aguila de Osa or the Iguana Lodge. We have 4 kids ages 5-15 so I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to which of these places would be the most fun for a family. Thanks so much for your help!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
1. Re: Best place to stay for family?

Those are all great, and this is the most prime area for wildlife. Lapas Rios is somewhat isolated there, not close to either entrance of the park, but on the border of the park.

Iguana Lodge is great, as you have a ocean right there.

You might want to think about Drake Bay, as this area you can access the Corcovado parks ranger stations via boats as day trips, and enjoy the trails and nature and wildlife. You also dont need a car there, and can fly in out, or get to Sierrpe and boat down the river and coast to Drake Bay. You also have Isla Cano off DB to enjoy.

The south entrance to the Park in Playa Carate is a 45 minute walk on the beach to La Leona, and in Pt Jimenez, is a long 4x4 ride to Los Patos.

Hope that helps narrow it down...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Best place to stay for family?

Even that I own a piece of land by Drakes Bay and I love the area ...in your case maybe LAPA RIOS...incredible nice place...just 35 minutes from Puerto Jimenez..just 12 kilometres...by some rocky road...not a big deal...just drive slow...Lapa Rios offer the transfer from Puerto Jimenez..

roadadivsor

Edited: 1:13 pm, January 09, 2013
Tampa, FL
reviews: 9
3. Re: Best place to stay for family?

I can't compare the options as I've only been to Lapa Rios. I loved it and can't wait to go back! One thing to consider with LR is that you all won't fit in one bungalow, so you'll need to to get two. That being said, if you can afford it, there are tons of guided hikes, a beautiful pool, games in the lobby area and plenty of places to hang out.

4. Re: Best place to stay for family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014