We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / B&B in town

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 33
Hotel / B&B in town

We want to stay in the main town of Tortuguero and require something fairly good - possibly pay $100 - 150/night.

It seems most of these priced places are out of town.

We just want B&B and prefer to arrange our own tours, meals, transport etc ourselves.

Can somebody please recommend a good place within the town - or walk-able in the evening if slightly outside.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

There are many options in town or nearby. Casa Marbella comes highly recommended. But you can see them all here: www.tortuguerovillage.com

Many of the accommodations are in the village or near - but some of them are across the lagoon/river and separated from everything. Check carefully whatever you find listed to be sure they are in or near the village.

Edited: 8:29 am, January 14, 2013
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 54
2. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

Main town in Tortuguero is in fact a small village, some would call it a hamlet. One street village. The accommodation in the village are fairly basic. I have stayed at Casa Marbella; room was acceptable although kinda hot and humid (but with a reason). Its main attraction is its location and private pier. Centrally located staying there will not disappoint you.

Playa Conchal...
3. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

Another vote for Casa Marbella. Don't miss owner Daryls river tours.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
4. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

xelas - maybe you overstated the case when you wrote "street!" Lol. There are no "streets" really - just sandy paths. I love it.

Calgary
5. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

Another vote for Daryl ...... Presently sitting on his dock enjoying a smoothie from the bakery next door. The weather is perfect.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

Damn! Hopefully nobody will take his car to this "street". Altahobo, I envy you. Get a piece of chocolate cake from that bakery. Salud!

Tortuguero, Costa...
7. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

I agree with the votes for Casa Marbella if you're looking for the cleanest, nicest place in town, but it's only about half your budget, so don't expect luxuries. See if you can rent one of the new upstairs rooms, as I've heard they are far superior.

The only lodge that is really within walking distance to the village is Mawamba Lodge. They have a decent breakfast buffet and can also arrange transportation from San José, but I honestly think the prices are a bit steep for those services. I'm not sure if they offer just room and breakfast through online booking, but if you are coming to Tortuguero on off-peak days, they will most likely have rooms available and you can book directly at the reception. They are guaranteed to be fully booked during Easter week and in the months of July and August.

8. Re: Hotel / B&B in town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 21, 2014