We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current situation with travel and floods

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
reviews: 26
Current situation with travel and floods

I´m hoping to go to Tortuguero this Friday, via Cariari. Are the lanchas still able to travel to Tortuguero from Pavona if the area is flooded? Also, is the weather in Tortuguero going to be a problem at the moment?

Thanks lots :-)

San Jose
reviews: 22
1. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

I just came from Tortuguero on Saturday via La Pavona in Guapiles and although the water level was high, there was no problem at all. It was raining on and off in Tortuguero, but nothing serious. Everybody went out on tours as usual and things are happening as usual. It would be hard to predict what the situation will be next Friday, because the problem that is affecting the area of Limon is a tropical wave that is supposed to be causing some rains until Wednesday...but who knows with nature!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

Great answer by crpuravida...most of the problems are a little more South of La Pavona ...the floods issues are around Matina...

roadadvisor

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
3. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

As of today, most roads are open. If you are planning to head for Bocas del Toro via Sixaola, the road between BriBri and the border is not passable.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 26
4. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

Thanks people, sounds like I don´t need to cancel my trip to Tortuguero after all. Yayyyy!

Tortuguero, Costa...
5. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

I live in Tortuguero. We had a crazy thunderstorm last night, but it hasn't rained a drop today. You can never really predict the weather here, so I recommend that you try to get a turtle tour in on your first night. That way, if weather forbids a tour the first night you can still (most likely) go the second night. You really MUST do a turtle tour and a canal tour, or you haven't really seen Tortuguero. Hope you enjoy your visit here!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
6. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

Hope you have a fantastic time in Tortuguero! You are really due some luck with the weather!

7. Re: Current situation with travel and floods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 04, 2013