We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with pool no package

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghent, Belgium
reviews: 14
Hotel with pool no package

Hi,

We are thinking about going to Tortuguero in march 2013.

We would fly in from San José and fly out to Quepos two days later.

Since we would prefer a hotel with a pool and AC above a cabina we browsed the hotel sites but only found rates for complete packages.

Now we were wondering if there are hotels where you can have just a room and possibly breakfast? We would also book our own tours and eat in town but don't know if there are a lot of options.

Thanks.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Hotel with pool no package

OP, you do know that Quepos and Tortuguero are on opposite coasts?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
2. Re: Hotel with pool no package

No AC in Tortuguero. The resorts are isolated so they only sell packages with room and full board. You can stay in town, eat at the simple establishments and book your own tours at a place like Casa Marbella, but you will not have a pool or AC. The nicest of the lodges is Tortuga Lodge but it's far from town. I'd suggest a little more reading up on Tortuguero first so you're sure this is the right fit for you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Dear Benjamin...

Great way to get to Tortuguero and Quepos by plane...very short plane rides...great idea...

The Tortuguero area is a special case in our lovely country...since most of the nice good hotels they only sell the whole package ...transfers by bus-bot or plane -boat and melas...room ...taxes and some tours...

Nice places Pachira lodge at the canal side of Tortuguero to get to beach or town you need to get a boat ride...

Mawamba and Laguna Lodge located at the beach side...and town side...you do not need a boat to get to beach or town...

Some very old lodges charge a lot of money for the same...why?? Nobody knows...do not pay a lot more for the same!!!

Please enjoy our Pacific and Caribbean coast as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

Ghent, Belgium
reviews: 14
4. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Thanks for the info.

It seems Hotel Don Quichotte has a pool and is in the proximity of the town and the beach. Reviews look good but it seems they only have tree rooms so I'd better not wait much longer.

Did anyone ever stay here or knows if it's easy to reach from the landing strip?

Thanks again.

Grecia, Costa Rica
5. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Dear Benjamin B:

The airport is about 4 kms from the hotel, a brisk walk or easy taxi ride.

YOU ARE WELCOME,

and please come back to the Forum anytime with questions, we are here to help.

Thank you for visiting our beautiful country.

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Dear Benjamin...

Can you please clarify to us where Hotel Don Quijote is located??

I´m a little confuse about the location...maybe I´m thinking about a different hote!!

If is Tortuguero...sorry not a single taxi in the area...maybe a water taxi!!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
7. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Dear Benjamin B:

The Hotel Don QUICHOTTE

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309268-d224271… can arrange transport, (they speak French, English and of course Spanish) and from drop off, it is 50 mts to the airport, easily accessible from your hotel. There is a convenient WATER taxi available in the village, and the cost is 4 mil colones (approx $8.00US each way) which originates from Caño Blanco Marina. Perhaps a hydra bike rental will make your trip even more fun (again, the hotel can arrange a rental). If you wish to see more of the area, and learn something of the proud people who live there, I can also recommend Karla as a local guide tortuguerovillage.com/karlastravelexperience… as there isn't much she doesn't know in this village of about 600 people.

Do have a wonderful holiday.

YOU ARE WELCOME.

And we look forward to seeing you in our beautiful country.

Edited: 8:19 pm, July 13, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Thank you Benajmin!

roadadvisor

San Jose
reviews: 22
9. Re: Hotel with pool no package

I have never heard of Don Quijote, from the pictures they seem quite basic but do have a pool that you are looking for. Where are they located? Are they right in town? CajunTraveler you seem to know a lot about them, so would appreciate your sharing. i am a little surprised to the mention of a brisk walk to the airstrip, so I am assuming coming from town, but still, carrying your bags in the early morning when flights depart along the beach or the little path in between, I would go with the water taxi.

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: Hotel with pool no package

Good point crpuravida...a brisk walk...humm!

roadadvisor