We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
reviews: 8
Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

For those of you looking to see some of the spectacular wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero is an excellent place to visit. Accessible only by boat or small plane it is home to a wealth of different species.

Most people visit for the spectacle of the many turtles which lay eggs on the beaches here. I actually found that a bit of an anti-climax.

My tip is to hire an guide and travel the canals and rivers in the jungle in peace where you will get an up close and personal look at monkeys, sloths, insects, many birds, caymans and freshwater turtles.

Here's some of my best pictures to show you what it is like.

…wordpress.com/2012/…

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Nice Pics. Thanks for taking the time to share those. Interesting observation about your turtle experience. I have often wondered what those tours out that way were like these days. Where else did you go in Costa Rica?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Thank you nice of you...I share with you 100% YOUR opinion about Tortuguero!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
3. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Tortuguero is a special place. Friends of mine were fortunate enough to see an ocelot on a boat tour a couple of years ago. Thanks for sharing your experience. What was disappointing about your turtle tour? As you say, for most people it is a trip highlight and I was amazed by seeing Leatherback turtles laying in Gandoca.

London, England...
4. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

We' ve passed through quickly so just La Fortuna and Cahuita.

Panama next.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Panama great country...great people...!!

A lot to see in Panama...try Bocas del Toro you will love it!

roadadvisor

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
6. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Interesting choice of postprocessing made your photos different and thus interesting.

London, England...
7. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Thank you for the nice comments.

We are now in Bocas Del Toro.

Here is a blog by my girlfriend about some central American experiences including rafting at La Fortuna.

…wordpress.com/2012/…

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

Nice picture...she is really cute...!

So nice to read about you guys...I admire people like you...it is only ONE short life...lets enjoy it!

Thank you ...muchas gracias you are a great couple!

roadadvisor

9. Re: Wildlife in Costa Rica - Tortuguero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 15, 2013