We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
reviews: 9
Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Is the guarded lot at boat docks in Moin( toTort.) really well guarded so we would feel comfortable leaving rental car for 3 nights. And if a good place, how about leaving suitcase with xtra clothes (in Costa Rica 3+ weeks this time) and jackets. We never have had any trouble in all of our previous trips, we are always careful, never to leave anything in sight but would like to travel lighter to Tort. Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

The parking lot is guarded...how good that is a good question. I used to leave my car with tools...extra clothers tehre for days...never had trouble...maybe the best if you have to leave anything inside the car ask the guards...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Agree with roadadvisor.

You might buy some kind of cheap blanket and put whatever you leave on the floor and cover it with a blanket. At least, no one can see what you have!

I have never heard of a car being broken into at Moin. It's a kind of out of the way place with a dock for small boats and a small office in addition to the fenced parking area.

A really determined thief will overpower the guard and break into a car, but I don't think that thieves bother with this place.

Rockford, Illinois
reviews: 9
3. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Thanks RoadAdvisor aka "King of the Road" and HattieCR you never fail me. guess we will take our chances, may be rather stinky by end of 3 weeks if the suitcase disappears but it sure would not be a trip ender.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
4. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Not to worry, fiesty10, there are lots of good clothing stores with good used clothing in Costa Rica! Look for Ropa Americana and you will find all the good brands - Izod, Dockers, GAP - just to name a few.

Take your most important items with you, of course. In addition, if the worst should happen, there is laundry service available everywhere!

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 57
5. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

Never had any problems in the guarded lot, but in agreement with the previous comments. Try to hide whatever you leave-under the seats/ in spare-tyre compartment, anywhere out of sight. A good general rule is don't bring anything that you can't afford to lose.

'

6. Re: Parking Rental Car in Moin guarded lot??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tortuguero