We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 13
Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

After doing considerable research I'm leaning towards staying at this lodge for a 3 day/2 night staty. Can anyone comment as to their experience here? Location, rooms, guides, food, etc.

Thanks!

Indiana
reviews: 4
1. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

I have stayed at Turtle Beach and in my opinion this hotel is a great decision. Turtle Beach has great food and the gardens and location are unmatched in Tortuguero. You are right on the beach and literally in the middle of the jungle. This location is very different from the other lodges near town. Turtle Beach doesn´t have boat traffic just wildlife.

Indiana
reviews: 4
2. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

I have stayed at Turtle Beach and in my opinion this hotel is a great decision. Turtle Beach has great food and the gardens and location are unmatched in Tortuguero. You are right on the beach and literally in the middle of the jungle. This location is very different from the other lodges near town. Turtle Beach doesn´t have boat traffic just wildlife.

Jesse

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 57
3. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

Ranked #1 on TA over all others

garden beach location most awesome...

perfect for turtling quite unusual...

would be my choice...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

It is a good choice...little cheaper than Mawamba, Laguna Lodge, Pachira and of course Tortuga Lodge!

Little far from Tortuguero town ...but is OK!...food also OK!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 13
5. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on spending a lot of time in town, so I think being away from it will be fine. Mostly I plan on hiking and kayaking and of course the regular boat tours, etc.

6. Re: Turtle Beach Lodge - please comment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 26, 2009