We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

Hi, I would greatly appreciate any tips on planning our upcoming 8 day honeymoon in Costa Rica...

Any dream itinerary suggestions?

My husband has never been there. I have been there before but had a limited trip staying in San Jose, Arenal, and then Monteverde.

We will definitely include both Arenal and Monteverde again but would love to spend some days on coasts at a beach resort. Both comfortable traveling in the past at many different levels of accomodation. Enjoyed Let's Go series hotels to more luxe chains Ritz/mandarin oriental/aman/taj/oberois or independent luxury hotels as well... This time want luxury wherever available since it is our honeymoon even if days devoted primarily to active pursuits ... hiking to LF waterfall, zip lines, hot springs. We really want to do a coastal segment at somewhere as resorty/honeymooney as possible set directly on a post-card type beach. Suggestions?

I have perused the T.A. site but still want advice from people who have checked out both coasts and possibly who have done multiple trips and thus had a chance to compare some places.

We would love:

1) Recommendations on which coastal location/beaches. We don't care about nightlife but would like suggestions on places with soft sand beaches and shallow (turquoise)water that stretches pretty far from the shore since we don't swim. We were considering caribbean side but didn't see many beaches with resorty hotels... If the beaches on that side meet above description better then we are willing to go less resorty but want as much mosquito control as possible. Insects inevitable(travel to south-asia every other year) but we are both mosquito-targets-despite-deet and want resorts with good screens in the bedrooms if not actual climate control. Manzanillo, puerto viejo look beautiful in photos but want help deciding those areas vs areas of guanacaste or manuel anotnio or area near Four seasons peninsula papagayo where resorts seem more honeymoonish... Want warm water... Carribean warmer than pacific?

2) We would like suggestions for some resort type hotels. Warm water heated pools/jacuzzis as part of the resort would be great.

3) I had a great experience at the tabacon last time but wondered if any of the newer resorts were a little more luxurious/pristine. I would appreciate knowing how people who previously stayed at the tabacon would compare some of the newer offerings in the arenal area. We would love someplace potentially a little newer/fancier if that hotel also has equally great or superior volcano views and ideally a hotspring or hotspring-fed pool on the grounds.

Thanks very much to anyone who reponds for sharing your wisdom...

1. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, November 02, 2008
Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
2. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

Really no true luxury resort on the Carib Side

For good reason brown black beaches

dodgy garbagy not ideal does have a certain

run down rustic charm more suited to backpackers.

Four luxury the Four Seasons where Brangelina stayed

best memorable beacj honeymoon choice for me...

Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo: Luxury ...

(Papagayo, Costa Rica) Four Seasons is the world's leading operator of luxury hotels and resorts. Visit our site to plan your vacation, getaway, ...

www.fourseasons.com/costarica

Have stayed at Tabacon in past quite dated these days

The new luxury guys are

www.royalcorin.com

www.thespringscostarica.com

Congrats,have fun

California
reviews: 1
3. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

Hotel Punta Islita is a wonderful spot. I can't imagine a better location for a honeymoon.

US
4. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

Thanks to traveloptimizer, qwo, and jbl for your advice

Jackson, MS
5. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

We're leaving on our HM to Costa in 3 weeks! Our trip includes nights at La Paz Peace Lodge, The Springs Resort & Spa, Arenal Manoa, and Si Como No. I don't know much about the Springs as it is a new resort but it is a sister property of Peace Lodge and looks amazing!

Puerto Viejo de...
reviews: 1
6. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

There are a couple of higher end resorts on this side, but not the same options for all-inclusive as there are on the Pacific side. But we do have gorgeous, uncrowded beaches, snorkel reefs, etc. This area is known for it's eco-resorts, Jamacian laid back culture, indigenous reserves, etc and is suited for those who are looking for a unique Caribbean style experience, wildlife, multi cultural influences, nature, coral reefs, hip night life, and something outside of the typical resort bubble.

7. Re: honeymoon costa rica( forgive the lengthspecific questions)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tortuguero