We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuguero...help please

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Area California
reviews: 1
Tortuguero...help please

My friend and I are staying for one night in April...does anyone know what the weather is like in tortuguero at that time? How hot and humid is it? What do people think is the best hotel there? I'm going with an older person and am thinking of the Manatus. How about Casa Marbella?

Sonoma County
1. Re: Tortuguero...help please

I've been there in March and the weather was great, though also a bit humid and got very warm (high 80s) in the village of Tortuguero. Stayed outisde of town at Laguna Lodge and loved it - one of my favorite lodgings in CR. Hope this helps.

MaryBeth

ca
reviews: 1
2. Re: Tortuguero...help please

We stayed at casa marbella in december. Its small, 4 or 5 rooms as I recall, the rooms are very plain, but they are clean and we loved the location, right on the canal and right in the village. Its a nice place, nice people. The serve breakfast outside on the deck by the canal.

The big difference between staying here (or in some of the other places in the village) vs the lodges is that you have easier access to the village. If that's what you're looking for (and we were - we really enjoyed traipsing around Tortuguero) then I'd recommend staying here. If you want more of the secluded lodge experience, then try one of the lodges, most of which are on the opposite side of the canal - one exception I believe is the Jungle Lodge, which is up by the airfield.

3. Re: Tortuguero...help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 18, 2009