We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queen Creek, Arizona
Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

Our tour is leaving from San Jose to Tortuguero, but we want to continue to Arenal rather than return to San Jose. It's been suggested that we make arrangements to be picked up at the Selva Tropical Restaurant (where the tour stops for lunch on our way back to San Jose). My problem is I can't seem to locate what town this restaurant is in or near in order to arrange the transport. Can anyone help, please?

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 19
1. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

I think it may be in Puerta Viejo de Sarapiqui. I would ask the tour company for more specifics

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 24
2. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

I would think so as well, when I think of "La Selva Biological Station" being there. It's about 1 1/2 hr from SJ, so it makes sense as a stop. But best to get the address from the tour operator.

San Isidro de El...
reviews: 42
3. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

Some tours stop at Selva Verde Lodge for lunch. It is in the Sarapiqui area.

Queen Creek, Arizona
4. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

Just in case anyone is interested, the Selva Tropical is in Guapiles. We were able to make arrangements to be picked up from there by private transport. Thanks for everyone's help.

Azkoitia
5. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

We want to pick a rented car in our way back from Tortuguero too, and we want to go to Cahuita National Park from there. What do you advice me to pick the car in Selva Tropical Restaurant or in Cariari? We are travelling this Easter. Did you take anything against Malaria? we are travelling with children and I hate giving them too many medicines.

Azkoitia
6. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

We want to pick a rented car in our way back from Tortuguero too, and we want to go to Cahuita National Park from there. What do you advice me to pick the car in Selva Tropical Restaurant or in Cariari? We are travelling this Easter. Did you take anything against Malaria? we are travelling with children and I hate giving them too many medicines.

7. Re: Where is Selva Tropical Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 19, 2009