We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

Hello. Some ?s about staying in Punta Uva. My rough guide says the beach here is very good for swimming. True? Is there anyplace to stay that's really, really close to the beach at PU, and has a swimming pool?

Thanks.

San Francisco...
reviews: 88
1. Re: Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

Yes the beaches at Punta Uva are good for swimming. There are plenty of places that line the road between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo but I dont know of any that have a pool.

Arizona
reviews: 1
2. Re: Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

Rough guide is correct about the good/safe swimming in Punta Uva from my brief experience in the area.

Suerre Caribbean in Punta Uva has a pool. I saw it (the pool and the property) from the beach on my walks and the property looked ok and swimming is good off the beach right off the hotel, but I have not stayed there.... You can search them for reviews etc in the forum. Maybe someone else checking in has stayed there recently.

Jupiter or Punta Uva
3. Re: Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

Hi! My girlfriend and I just returned from Punta Uva's Hotel Suerre. It is made up of many "duplex buildings". Two separate large bedrooms with a private bath...and a porch with 2 chairs. Not luxurious by any means, but basic rooms with a/c. Rooms consist of either one double and single bed or two double beds, a dresser, one small table and a televsion. The open air restaurant is nice...and the waiter staff is extremely friendly. There is a bar with a pool table between the restaurant and pool area. They also have a tennis court that is also a basketball court and a soccer field? The beach is outstanding.

Comparable to other hotel/restaurant facilities...this is probably the best. If you don't like crowds, and like scenery, this hotel lies between the hustle and bustle of Puerto Viejo ( with it's variety of good eateries and clubs) and National Park just a few kilometers south of Punta Uva.

Rates are decent...and remember A/C, Pool, Bar, Restaurant and a great beach!!!

Java Jonnie

4. Re: Punta Uva - on the beach, with a pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...