We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival in Limon

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 9
Carnival in Limon

Hola! I will be visiting Puerto Viejo and Limon in October with my husband. We are looking forward to attending the Carnival in Limon, which I believe is the weekend of October 18-19-20. Any information would be welcome- will the weather most likely be hot? Any live music happening that we should not miss in Puerto Viejo from Oct.11 - Oct. 17? I heard about an organic farm near Limon... any info on that? Thanks so much!

Puerto Viejo de...
reviews: 11
11. Re: Carnival in Limon

I have heard that the carneval got postponed for one week and will now start on the 19th. I have not been able to verify this but will do so tomorrow. Unless someone can already confirm this now.

Caribesur
reviews: 4
12. Re: Carnival in Limon

Yes, Nina, Carnival was moved a week from previous planned dates but the dates published in the program of activities in the "Camara de Turismo y Comercio Caribe Sur" are the current and correct dates 11-10 of Oct. The Grand Parade in Puerto Limon is on Saturday October 19th at 12 noon in which Caribe sur will participate with their own float, bands and dancers. There will be a Carnivalito thru Puerto Viejo town itself when the float and participants return from the main festivities in Limon that Saturday afternoon/early evening.

San Jose
reviews: 22
13. Re: Carnival in Limon

I hope everybody attending will enjoy the Carnivals and festivities arranged to celebrate. Limon is wonderful at this time of the year, weather is great, and people are proud of sharing with visitors their Afro Caribbean heritage. Beautiful...wish I could be there :) And all those going, enjoy our beautiful Caribbean!!!!

Chicago
reviews: 9
14. Re: Carnival in Limon

Hola! We are enjoying the beautiful weather in Puerto Viejo right now! And, looking forward to the Carnival parade next Saturday! Pura Vida!

Puerto Viejo de...
reviews: 11
15. Re: Carnival in Limon

Thanks Christer for the heads up! Looking forward to the Carnevalito in Puerto Viejo. For everybody who does not want to go to Limon for the Carneval, join the mini edition in Puerto Viejo! It will be good fun!

16. Re: Carnival in Limon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014