We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly activities in PV

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 1
Kid friendly activities in PV

Hi y'all, my husband and I, my inlaws and our 3 yr old (she'll turn 3 while we're in CR) be in PV in a month (YAY!!) and I'm finally getting around to looking at activities. We're booked at Cariblue for 6 nights. Of note, we're scheduled to stay in Poas the first night and go to La Paz waterfall gardens in the morning but that's negotiable if there's similar or more fun stuff to do in PV. We could always just head straight to PV (we will have a car rental)

We want to some relaxing on the beach but also some activities. My daughter still naps in the afternoon but for something super fun and interesting, we could consider skipping it.

Here are the activities we're looking at, I'd love some feedback and any other suggestions would be welcome (just to be clear, we're not planning to do ALL of them)

Jaguar Rescue Center-I think this is a definite. I think we'll do a morning tour and grab lunch in the area (food suggestions?)

Rafting on the Pacuare- (just hubby and I)-still trying to decide since it takes a full day but I've done it a couple of times and I think it's just lovely. My in laws will need something to do with the little monster for the whole day.

Veraguara Rainforest -my MIL brought this up and they were inclined to do a full day. It's also an option for them to do it by themselves. If we did this, should we skip La Paz?

http://www.veraguarainforest.com/

Snorkeling- I feel like this isnt an option with a 3 yr old since it would be difficult to take turns watching her on a boat. I guess someone would have to stay back with her.

anywherecostarica.com/destinations/cahuita/t…

Tortuguero-are there any kid friendly activities there?

Cahuita National Park and swimming? We'd have to pack our own food and drinks, right?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions

11 replies to this topic
Puerto Viejo de...
reviews: 9
11. Re: Kid friendly activities in PV

saz1973, I am sorry for not responding earlier. If you decide to stay in Turrialba on the way down, your in laws could travel from there to PV in the morning and enjoy the afternoon at the beach. Your child could go with them. They could even include a stop at Veragua. Veragua is not like La Paz but nice and very interesting. Also, it would be kind of half way between Turrialba and PV.

You of course can also stop in Turrialba on the way back. I just had a Canadian family with 6 children staying next to us and they did it this way.

One thing I forgot to mention, what most kids really love - ride around on bike. My boy loves to cruise through town and doing beach hopping by bikes is definitely his preferred "tour" :o)

Reply to: Kid friendly activities in PV
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted