We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 3
Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Hello! My husband and I are headed to PV in early October for 7 days and we are looking for an awesome home, bungalow, etc to rent. There are so many and all have great reviews so I figured I would ask! Also, would you recommend staying the entire time in PU or would you stay half in Manzanillo or elsewhere?

We are looking to snorkel, explore, hike, see animals, eat great food and relax! Any recommendations will be appreciated. We will have a car so traveling around will be fine... If needed.

Thank you in advance!! - Bridgette

16 replies to this topic
Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
1. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Best place in Punta Uva is Korrigan Lodge.

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 104
2. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Korrigan Lodge, hands down! You can walk to Punta Uva and bike to Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo although the best swimming is at Punta Uva! :-) Enjoy!!!

Ottawa
reviews: 6
3. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

I recommend Geckoes Lodge in Cocles which is very close to Punta Uva. It is not on the ocean but the two bungalows are beautiful...the smaller one (Casa del Bosque) is perfect for a couple. It's in a gorgeous rainforest setting, very private, wonderful owners. Each house has its own plunge pool as well. With a car, everything is very close. We loved it!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
4. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

We love staying at Casa Viva, a small collection of one and two-bedroom bungalows, beautifully constructed and adjacent to the beach on the north side of Punta Uva. These small houses have full kitchens and big decks in a beautifully landscaped setting. Great to be able to stroll the beach,takea swim and return home in 2 minutes. This is just one of many great options in the area.

Greenville, South...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Will post info on Congo Bongo in Manzanillo after we get back next weekend ;)

Massachusetts
6. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Thanks everyone! They are all awesome! Perhaps I will choose two! :) We will have a car and will be doing a good amount of exploring. Is it worth going into Panama for just a day? Also, do you have any tours or restaurants you would recommend? Thank you all again, I really appreciate your help!

Massachusetts
7. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Oh, have a great time, cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
8. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Is nice if you can visit Bocas del Toro, but you need two days there. you'll spend almost 1/2 of a day traveling back and forth, if you decide to go http://caribeshuttle.com/ is the way to go. By the way Geckoes Lodge is great, one kilometer away from beach, about 10 minutes from Punta Uva by car.

Edited: 12:08 pm, September 13, 2013
JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
9. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

Ck out Toucanstay on VRBO. Great place for a couple. Steps to the Punta Uva beach and a small convenience store/grocery Pulperia right across the street is very convenient. Studios have king size great beds, clean bath with shower, kitchenette and ac! Only 2 rentals on site as well as Owner's home. Nice secured area to park your car behind a locked gate. Lovely garden and patio with open kitchen where breakfast is served daily. Bikes included with rental allow you to ride to the nearby Jaguar Rescue Center (hightly recommend), restaurants etc. I walked to Manzanillo from there and saw lots of howler monkeys, various birds and sloths! It would be an easy bike ride as is Puerto Viejo. Walk down to the beach early in the morning and you will be the only ones there. Beach Bar and Restaurant right there open daily. Also Punta Uva Dive Shop with kayak trips etc. Even a washer/dryer where the Mgr did laundry for a small fee!

Massachusetts
10. Re: Best place to stay in Punta Uva?

OK, so if Toucan Stay Inn, Korrigan Lodge and Pachamama are out of the picture where would you recommend? Ideally I would like to stay around Punta Uva / Playa Chiquita. Thank you for your help!!