We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Viejo costa rica

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Divide, Colorado
Puerto Viejo costa rica

8 adults will be going to PV for the 1st time: We arrive in San Jose at 7:30am I assume the best transport is to rent a private van for the 8 of us?!?!. We will be staying a week at the "Blessed" cabins, does anyone know anything about this place? Is this place within walking distance to restaurants etc... We are also interested in renting a fishing boat for all 8 of us, is this possible? Some of us scuba and some only snorkel where can we go so all enjoy their sport. What else is there to do in the area?

Thanks for the help.

Deb

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
1. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

The private van rental suggests that you will all want to do the same thing at the same time. With a big group like yours, sometimes 2 vehicles allows for a little more flexibility. I`m afraid I can`t help you with the cabins but sure someone will know of them. Scuba diving is available right there in PV from Reefrunners on teh beachfront. Have a great trip!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
2. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

What town is the cabins in? Most the lodging in Pt Viejo proper, is not on the beach BTW, but inland and in town...I prefer to stay south of town, Playa Cocles or further.

Also, you can raft your way to or from PV via the Rio Pacuare.

www.puertoviejosatellite.com/transport.php

Divide, Colorado
3. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

Thanks for the info.

Divide, Colorado
4. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

Thanks for the info.

Divide, Colorado
5. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

We will be staying in Playa Negra at the puerto viejo vacation rentals. Are there any restaurants in the Playa Negra area?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 4
6. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

You can raft to or from PV on the same river? That's a pretty cool river! Most rivers I have been on go one way.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
7. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

You can arrange to raft the Rio Pacuare, from San Jose, and get dropped in Playa Cahuita, or Pt Viejo, or, arrange to raft the Rio Pacuare in Pt Viejo/Cahuita, and get dropped in San Jose area. Also, some outfits will transfer as well between Arenal, and the Caribe, via the Rio Pacuare...

8. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, December 29, 2012
Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
9. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

In Playa Negra area you don't have many choices, you have the restaurant at the Banana Azul Hotel, good food and drinks at Jeferry's Tavern and at The Point. Lot more dining options in town, great Italian food at Cafe Viejo, good local food at Tamara's, Lidia's, Miss Sams, further South, you have Pecora Nera, Malbec, Jungle Love, Pita Bonita Selvin's,his Rondon is legendary, and El Refugio Grill in Punta Uva. do eat at local sodas(small restaurants) around town, usually real good local food, one of my favorites is Johana's in Cocles area.

10. Re: Puerto Viejo costa rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 01, 2014