We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Town

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Juan del Sur...
reviews: 27
Lodging in Town

We will be coming down in October or Sept. No car. Would like lodging in town or a short walk away. What do you reccomend?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Lodging in Town

La Costa de Papito is not that far...some small places in town...maybe Gecko es Lodge and Cubanon can answer your question...since they both know the area incredible well!

roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 35
2. Re: Lodging in Town

How long are you staying? That might make a difference as to what place to suggest.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
reviews: 8
3. Re: Lodging in Town

It also depends very much on your budget. You may want to have a look at www.puertoviejosatellite.com to see what is available and where.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
reviews: 5
4. Re: Lodging in Town

There are some nice places in town, Casa Verde, Guarana, Cahsew Hill, I much prefer to stay outside of town where is more quiet. Within 30 minutes walk, Costa de Papito in Cocles area is my favorite. Bike and walk around during the day, taxi at night, local buses are great way to get around too.

San Juan del Sur...
5. Re: Lodging in Town

4-5 nights, and a couple in Cahuita. Budget isn't a concern but I'd prefer a room with nice ventilation and a patio over some luxury place.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Lodging in Town

Costa de Papito I think comes closest to what you are looking for, or maybe Mother Dear, but again I would suggest looking at

www.puertoviejosatellite .com to see what is available in the area.

San Juan del Sur...
7. Re: Lodging in Town

Thank you!

San Juan del Sur...
8. Re: Lodging in Town

Is Banana Azul farther out? Reviews on both say they are about 20 min walk from town.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
9. Re: Lodging in Town

It is further out but not that much further, don't know about the 20 minutes but it is a nice hotel.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
10. Re: Lodging in Town

Try www.cahuita.cr for hotels in Cahuita. There are some great places just outside the center of town.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...