We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to PV in June 2012 - Questions

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Three Oaks, Michigan
Going to PV in June 2012 - Questions

1. 1st time to CR

2. Been to Carib Isls and most of MX

3. What is weather in June? Do we need poncho's/rain gear?

4. How is diving? Water Cloudy then?? Trying to decide if we sould bring gear or just snorkle stuff.

5. How about hooking up w/ a local driver so while we are there (couple of weeks) we can use the same person? Anybody's name you suggest?

6. What local PV/CR made artisan items are there? Wood carvings? pottery? etc? Who would you suggest it is important to us that we support the locals.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 35
1. Re: Going to PV in June 2012 - Questions

I will try my best...

3. What is weather in June? Do we need poncho's/rain gear?

Usually average. Sun & Cloud most days. Would not usually need poncho. That is rare here these days.

4. How is diving? Water Cloudy then?? Trying to decide if we sould bring gear or just snorkle stuff.

--Just snorkel stuff. Diving here is mixed experience. Water should be mostly calm, so snorkelling has a better chance. Better people with diving experience give feedback. I am just going by words from customers at hotel. Bocas is better for diving.

5. How about hooking up w/ a local driver so while we are there (couple of weeks) we can use the same person? Anybody's name you suggest?

--Just find a taxi driver you like in town. There are many good ones. Some of the good ones like Kali are hard to get. Always busy and only works so many hours. To make sure you are not getting taken, see average taxi rates on Puerto Viejo Satellite local transport tab.

6. What local PV/CR made artisan items are there? Wood carvings? pottery? etc? Who would you suggest it is important to us that we support the locals.

-- The only place that really has local artisan stuff is Lulu Berlu in town. Yes, always important to support to locals (that includes foreigners from other countries as well). Just like you would support other people in the country you are from regardless of origin.

How did I do?

Three Oaks, Michigan
2. Re: Going to PV in June 2012 - Questions

You did great. and I thsnk you for your time and effort! Really... We are excited about being there and looking forward to the trip,nly a couple of months before we go but time goes by fast....Thanks again....

3. Re: Going to PV in June 2012 - Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...