We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses from san jose

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boulder,co
reviews: 7
buses from san jose

Are the buses air conditioned?

Can you hire a private taxi to take you there and on the return?

Thx, jane

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
1. Re: buses from san jose

The buses from San Jose are not air conditioned, though I don't really feel that they need to be. They have big windows that you can open and you get a really nice breeze. I just got back from Costa Rica and took the buses to a couple different parts of the country. When we went to Puerto Viejo I wore pants and a sweatshirt because San Jose was a little cool. Once you start getting closer to the beach it warms up so I had shorts and a tank top on underneath and just took off my outter layers once I got hot. I think you can probably take a private taxi but its going to be at least $100 compared to the $7 it costs to take the bus. When I was there an air conditioned van taxi offered to drive us to Manuel Antonio so I'm sure they would go to Puerto Viejo as well. The price they asked to go to Manuel Antonio was $100, I dont know if that was a flat fee or per person. Anyway, I still have the info if you'd like to contact them. The company is called Costatransfer, the man in charge is Joseph Gonzalez. You can reach him at (506) 873-6781 or costatransfer@hotmail.com.

boulder,co
2. Re: buses from san jose

Thx for all your detailed info!

I really appreciate it. I was in costa in dec/jan. my daughter opened a great restaurant in pv called coco cielo. We rented a car and my husband drove. i am going again last week of march with my 16 year old so will contact the company.

thx again, Jane

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 37
3. Re: buses from san jose

Hola... private driver from San Jose to Puerto Viejo is $160 They can take up to 8 persons for same price. They all speak english and are fully insured and vans are relatively new.

You can book one at this link; puertoviejosatellite.com/transport.php#pvtvan

Many people take pirate taxi from airport and I think this is risky as you do not know who you are getting in a cab with. I suggest that people who are thinking of taking cabs, pay the few dollars extra and take orange airport cabs.

Texas
reviews: 66
4. Re: buses from san jose

Noticed your message/post indicated your daughter had opened a restaurant in PV. Is it on that strip downtown across from beach? I was there in summer/fall but do not recall all the names of restaurants on that street, will be going back in a few months and would like to try her place. What type cuisine is served? I prefer the freh fish. Also have groups of birders who go there I could steer them her way. Thanks.

boulder,co
5. Re: buses from san jose

Her Restaurant is in town..near the atm and market.

Lots of fresh fish

it's called Coco Cielo and it is one of the best in PV

Quebec
6. Re: buses from san jose

We're taking the bus from San Jose to PV. Just wondered if anyone knew what we should expect to pay for a cab from the airport to the bus terminal in downtown SJ. Should we be prepared to pay in colones or US$?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
7. Re: buses from san jose

There is an official Airport Taxi Desk just past the baggage claim. They will take your money, give you a ticket and have someone take you to the cab. You can pay in either colones or US Dollars. The fare should be in the $20.00 range.

The ride should take in the half hour range - a bit more or less depending on traffic.

raquel

8. Re: buses from san jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...