We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halmstad, Sweden
reviews: 12
When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

Hello

We are a family if 4 (2 adults, 2 kids aged 6 and 9) that will visit Costa Rica for 3 weeks during the end of December-January. We will stay in Cahuita for 4 nights and now when i read about the country and places we will stay i am a bit confused about the difference between the 3 activities in Cahuita/Puerto Viejo mentioned in the subject. To me they seem to be a bit of the same? Is one much better than the others? Particularly for the kids? Or should we try to visit them all?

We are all very much into nature and animals. Me and my wife are both biologists and we have indoctrinated our kids, he, he...

One quesiton is how much of a "zoo feeling" the places have. I very much like the idea of the rehabilitation but som such places we have visited have been a bit disapointing and mostly displayed animals in small cages and not much focus on the rehabilitation of the animals for the tourists.

Does anybody have experience of the 3 places?

Thanks in advance

John

5 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
1. Re: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

Jaguar Rescue Centre gets my vote.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
2. Re: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

The Tree of Life is easy to get to if you are in Cahuita but is not open all the year around. Both the Jaguar and Tree of Life have restricted tour times when you can visit. The Jaguar Centre probably gets the most votes whenever this question comes up, but there is no guarantee of seeing a jaguar!

Halmstad, Sweden
reviews: 12
3. Re: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

Thank you for your answers. We will have the Jaguar Center as a first option then.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
4. Re: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

Do check their tour times as they will not allow you in unless you are on the guided tour.

San Francisco...
reviews: 77
5. Re: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?

The Sloth Sanctuary is a good place to visit and the Jaguar Rescue Center is a place that no one should miss. My wife and I paid for a private tour and at triple the price it would still be well worth it.

Reply to: When in Cahuita; Sloth sanct, Tree of Life or Jaguar Centre?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted