We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limon to Cahuita for the day

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McKinney, Texas
reviews: 2
Limon to Cahuita for the day

Hi, we are coming in on a cruise ship to Limon and want to visit a beautiful beach for the day. Is Cahuita the best one that is the closest and easiest to get to from Limon? We have 8 to 10 people so we will need to hire a van to drive us all there. Will it take about an hour? Is it worth the drive? It sounds wonderful so I'd really like to see beautiful Cahuita. Is this a good idea?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
1. Re: Limon to Cahuita for the day

Visiting Cahuita will give you an excellent look into a Costa Rica

Caribbean beach town, I think is worth it. If time permits take a self guided walk on the National Park, you will see lots of monkeys. For a great meal, stop at Miss Edith in town for great Jamaican/Caribbean cuisine.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
2. Re: Limon to Cahuita for the day

From Limon to Cahuita will take you 45 minutes to one hour in a van. Cahuita National Park is beautiful and the town is small and quaint. I lived there for 3-1/2 years and loved it! Be sure to take your passports or a copy of the first page and the page with your entry stamp as you can get stopped at a checkpoint going back to Limon. Pura Vida!

Chicago
reviews: 9
3. Re: Limon to Cahuita for the day

Cahuita is beautiful. You can take a local shuttle bus there from Limon, very cheap and safe. You won't be carrying lots of luggage since you are coming from your cruise ship, so the bus will be fine. I hope I caught you before your trip! Have fun!

Victoria Texas
reviews: 4
4. Re: Limon to Cahuita for the day

I agree totally, take the shuttle from Limon directly to the National Park....it's just at the edge of the very small "downtown" and you can walk as far or as little as you wish on this amazing trail with monkeys....hopefully a sloth or two....tons of birds....beautiful beaches....crabs....and, if your lucky, a colorful frog or two. Then you can go back and have some food or drink or shop a bit in the tiny one street downtown with lots of great eateries and a few local "shopportunities".

I'm just down the road from you in Victoria Texas and we spent a couple of days in Cahuita this past January

joe

5. Re: Limon to Cahuita for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 23, 2009