We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
reviews: 23
Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

Looking for a new vacation experience that includes two children 22 and 18. In the past we have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico areas of Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. A friend suggested Costa Rica so I am asking for suggestions. We want beach, snorkeling, and space in the accommodations. Any suggestions will be great. All-inclusives would be nice if available. Budget not set yet, it depends on what is of interest. Please give me your advice as I continue my research on this site.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
1. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

The best AI is Westin at Conchal.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
2. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

Beaches, snorkling and AI is where Costa Rica ranks low on the list of CA countries. But nature and wildlife, that is where it shines. So if you are willing to switch from usual beach holidays to action packed and nature full ones, chose Costa Rica.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste, Santa Cruz
reviews: 1
3. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

Children? 18 and 22? Kids? You mentioned wanting accommodation space. How about a condo vacation rental? Prices right now are exceptionally reasonable (Nice 2-bedrooms ocean-side - $95 per/night) . First, get to the beach for relaxation and ocean-going fun, then head to the mountain/volcano areas in a shuttle van or rental car. If you stay in an AI, you'll miss Costa Rica

Edited: 7:35 am, February 18, 2013
Tamarindo, Costa...
4. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

Since your "kids" are older, they will probably enjoy taking surfing lessons, since this country is known for its surfing. Tamarindo is great for learning because the waves in the bay are very mild. And, I think we have have some of the most beautiful beaches around here in Tamarindo, and of course, 20 minutes away by car to Avellanas.

Rochester, New York
5. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

I would recommend a condo for a family of 4. We stayed in Sunrise condos (#38) and found it to be very spacious and more affordable than a hotel. We saved a lot of money by buying groceries and alcohol and then dining out for just diiner. The beaches and surfing are great, but there is no good snorkelling in Tamarindo. I would suggest the zip line combo tours and surfing lessons. We booked the condo through Vrbotamarindo.com and found them to be helpful. They set up our transportation too.

Have fun!

6. Re: Vacation research for Thanksgiving has begun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 10, 2014