We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newburyport, MA
Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

In 2011 I required major dental work and it was suggested that I investigate Medical Tourism in Costa Rica, after a great deal of research and a little luck I found and contacted Dr. Peter Aborn. Peter is an expat from New York City who brought his amazing talents to first San Jose and now his brand new clinic in a much more favorable destination of Tamarindo on the Pacific coast, where you can enjoy a wonderful destination and receive the best dental work of any type at a reasonable price, especially compared to prices in the U.S..

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Peter Aborn has a great reputation and does a lot of charity work throughout the year, especially his project in the Talamanca area with indigenous villages that you can only get to on foot. I'm not a big fan of Tamarindo, but I would pick it any day over San Jose.

Newburyport, MA
2. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Whoops, forgot how to reach them, here's their website:

www.idscostarica.com/

New York
reviews: 3
3. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

That link is not working. All I'm getting is "pageok". That's it.

Costa Rica
4. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Try this one http://dentistrycostarica.com/draborn.html

New York
5. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Thanks, that works, though the page lists a San Jose address rather than Tamarindo.

Costa Rica
6. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

It's possible he has an office in both locations. Some doctors/dentists do that - part time in the San Jose area and then part time somewhere else.

Just email and ask them about office hours in Tamarindo.

Middleton...
7. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

I'm curious as to what "affordable" means? I need several crowns which cost about $1200 each in Massachusetts. Is it significantly less in Costa Rica?

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 52
8. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Affordable means that the price is significantly less, often about 1/4 of the price you'd pay in the US.

I had a whole lot of work done - crowns on all but eight teeth, titanium anchors, etc. Price quoted by various dentists in the US hovered around US$75,000. I paid less than US$15,000 in Costa Rica.

9. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, March 07, 2013
Middleton...
10. Re: Dental Trip to Costa Rica/Medical Tourism

Wow! I'm visiting Tamarindo at the end of April. I guess I should look into getting some dental work done while I'm there. Thanks for the info!