We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Beer and Wine

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury
reviews: 36
Buying Beer and Wine

Best place in the Tamarindo area for buying local beer rum and wine?? Are the grocery stores cheaper or should we drive to Fofi's Liquor Store??? Duty free better??? Need some expert advise on this as we travel often and I always buy at Supermarkets but this is Beach Town so prices are probably more expensive so I would like to know the very best and cheapest place to stock up on our liquor!!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Buying Beer and Wine

The best place is at the duty free on your arrival. After that the Auto Mercado on the edge of town will have the best selection and the smaller supermarkets in town will have the basics.

Sudbury
reviews: 36
2. Re: Buying Beer and Wine

Thanks XploreCR for your reply...I am arriving late into Liberia airport so Duty Free is out! That is why I was asking for the alternate best place! I will check out the Auto Mercado then! I just get confused with different reviews!

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Buying Beer and Wine

At the very least you can get the duty free out of Toronto as well.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
4. Re: Buying Beer and Wine

Automercado in Tamarindo is a very good option.

5. Re: Buying Beer and Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014