We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 8
shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

My husband and I (both seniors) will be arriving at LIR going to the JW Marriott. I do have a quote from Liberia Shuttle(private shuttle) but we are wondering how difficult it is to take a shuttle to Tamarindo and then a cab from town to the JW. Trying to save a little $$$ but am not sure if it is worth all the extra effort. Has anyone ever used Liberia Shuttle? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

I think is a good idea the shuttle to Tamarindo...then add up at least $ 25.00 to JW Marriot...or if is better for you once you add up...to just take a private transfer all the way!

All depends how much the private transfer is charging you!

roadadvisor

Illinois
reviews: 8
2. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

The private shuttle roundtrip is about $160 for both of us. The shuttle is $25 one way, is that correct ? And they do take you to your hotel?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 136
3. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

or rent a car...drop in Tamarindo..$55

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

The $ 25.00 is per person and is to Tamarindo...then you need to take a ride to JW...about $ 25.00 at least...that is all total of $ 75.00

I beleive the shuttle to Tamarindo now is around $ 30.00 per person..

$ 160.00 is a good deal...round trip take it! No waiting no transfers...just one ride...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
5. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

I have to agree here. It's a lot easier with private transportation. They go entirely to your schedule, meet you with a little sign at the airport and whisk you away. It's more - but not a lot. $160.00 for two people for round trip is good.

6. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo