We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 8
shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

My husband and I (both seniors) will be arriving at LIR going to the JW Marriott. I do have a quote from Liberia Shuttle(private shuttle) but we are wondering how difficult it is to take a shuttle to Tamarindo and then a cab from town to the JW. Trying to save a little $$$ but am not sure if it is worth all the extra effort. Has anyone ever used Liberia Shuttle? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

I think is a good idea the shuttle to Tamarindo...then add up at least $ 25.00 to JW Marriot...or if is better for you once you add up...to just take a private transfer all the way!

All depends how much the private transfer is charging you!

roadadvisor

Illinois
reviews: 8
2. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

The private shuttle roundtrip is about $160 for both of us. The shuttle is $25 one way, is that correct ? And they do take you to your hotel?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
3. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

or rent a car...drop in Tamarindo..$55

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

The $ 25.00 is per person and is to Tamarindo...then you need to take a ride to JW...about $ 25.00 at least...that is all total of $ 75.00

I beleive the shuttle to Tamarindo now is around $ 30.00 per person..

$ 160.00 is a good deal...round trip take it! No waiting no transfers...just one ride...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
5. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

I have to agree here. It's a lot easier with private transportation. They go entirely to your schedule, meet you with a little sign at the airport and whisk you away. It's more - but not a lot. $160.00 for two people for round trip is good.

6. Re: shuttle vs private car from lir to jw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 09, 2014