We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
reviews: 17
beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

Hi, we are planning on getting married in CR, probably in November of 2013. I am looking at the Sueno del Mar. I see a lot of great reviews from prior to 2010, but no recent ones. Anyone have any info? Reviews of the resort remain great, but I am curious about their wedding packages/planning.

Also, if there are any recommendations for other resorts/hotels/B&Bs that would host a wedding and small reception (probably about 25 people) I'd appreciate the info! Thank you!

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 104
1. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

There are many Sueno del Mar reviews from 2012...I just checked on that so look again?! I'm not familiar with their wedding packages so I can't comment on that. One of my favorite places to stay is Hotel Capitan Suizo and they do weddings so check them out & do a price comparison! :-) For another small B&B check out 15 Love...it's very cool and you guys could probably take over the entire place: http://www.15lovebedandbreakfast.com/

Congrats & enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

I'm sure Sueno del Mar has their own in-house folks to handle weddings, and I'm sure they do a good job. There are also several very good wedding planning/catering/photographers/etc based in Tamarindo...

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
3. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

Keep in mind Oct/Nov is PEAK rainy season, so the weather can be downright wet.

Sueno de Mar is a lovely B&B, as above says, plenty wedding planners in Tamarindo/CR..

Rochester, NY
4. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

thank you for the responses - I checked out 15 Love and it looks lovely! :)

Rochester, NY
5. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

I was looking for a review that addressed having a wedding there; I wasn't able to find a recent one.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 1
6. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

My husband and I got married at Sueno del Mar in July 2011. We had a small wedding with a total of 30 guests. The wedding party stayed at Sueno and the other guests stayed at other locations throughout Tamarindo. Sueno del Mar is a little price of paradise; it was really wonderful. The honeymoon suite is gorgeous with the perfect view! Our wedding party really liked their rooms as well. Susanna was very helpful and does everything she can to make your stay perfect. When we had our wedding, Sueno del Mar worked exclusively with Liquid Weddings to plan the event. We had our ceremony on the beach at Sueno then had the reception at Dragonfly restaurant since we wanted a little more space for dinner and dancing. I am more than happy to answer specific questions you may have but wholeheartedly recommend Sueno for your wedding. I wouldn't have changed anything.

Yorktown, Virginia
reviews: 2
7. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

Hi- My husband and I got married at Sueno del Mar in late July 2011 and if we could do it again we wouldn't change a thing. We've already talked about going back to stay there next time we go to Costa Rica. I've been meaning to post on trip advisor about how wonderful our experience was and I'm finally getting around to it. The staff is helpful and accomodating. The b&b is perfect for a small wedding. We rented out the entire place and the rest of our guests stayed at places close enough to walk to Sueno del Mar for breakfast. The breakfast food is amazing and they welcome anyone to come (non-guests pay for breakfast) so often our other guests came to have breakfast with all of us. We had about 30 people at the wedding. The staff helped book activities and the location is ideal. Our wedding really felt "private" and special. The honeymoon suite is gorgeous and the outdoor shower is nice. The hammocks on site are a nice place to relax. It is always a little scary booking a place and wondering if the photos are realistic. Sueno del Mar looked even better than the photos. It is a beautiful location. Liquid weddings managed our wedding and they really did a great job. We were nervous since we couldn't be there to see everything until we got there but they really helped to give our wedding the feel that we wanted it to have. They are willing to work with you on budgeting and show you all different options. They even helped me find a bagpiper to play and surprise my husband. We had our reception at Seasons in Tamarindo but had a cocktail hour at Sueno first. They booked vans to transport our guests from Sueno del Mar to Seasons and back. Seasons is a nice place for a reception. We did two long tables and the food was great. There was plenty of food as well. The staff there was wonderful. Overall- a wonderful experience and even a year and a half later people still tell us how much they enjoyed our wedding.

Rochester, NY
8. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

wow it sounds really great! You were both satisfied w/ Liquid Weddings? I am glad to hear they offered several budget options...I definitely am not looking for "over-the-top"....casual, relaxed, and not fussy is more our style. Where did you guys have your overflow guests stay, since there isn't enough room at Sueno del Mar? Thanks so much for the responses!!!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
9. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

I just like all the nice Guatemalan throw rugs they have, the hand cut timber, beam trust roofs and plank wood floors with whitewashed walls....it truly is a ruff hewn feel, and a killer breakfast, we would walk over from the Capitan Suizo free breakfast, the pay and have the breakfast the SDM.

Edited: 9:26 pm, January 06, 2013
Rochester, NY
10. Re: beach wedding at Sueno del Mar?

Can anyone tell me if there is a good restaurant near Sueno del Mar that could accommodate the reception (beach BBQ w/ a lot of local flavor)? I want my guests to be able to stumble home :). OR if there is a good restaurant in Tamarindo that might cater on site at Sueno del Mar ? I know Dragonfly and El Coconut come highly recommended, just wondering if they'll travel to our site....thx!