We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Night

My friends and i are going at the end of jan til the end of feb. mid 20's. how is the night life?

Hamilton, Bermuda
1. Re: Night

It would probably help all the very good advisors here if you would tell them where you are going to In Costa Rica

London, England...
reviews: 80
2. Re: Night

Well it's posted in the Tamarindo section so I'm guessing there......so:

Tamarindo....the place where underage American girls go to get molested by locals......

Seriously though, from what I saw 2 weeks ago, the night life is good and lots of fun, though I a) Wouldn't ever travel there specifically for it; and b) Would NEVER go near the place with teenage daughters.

To clarify, when I say 'underage', I mean by American standards. I.e. Under 21. We went on two nights out, Club Pacifico on a Wednesday and Monkey Bar on a Friday, and one of my abiding memories was of young American girls who clearly had never been exposed to the drinking culture before, getting off their face drunk and chatted up by local looking guys who proceed to grope their semi-conscious bodies on the dance-floor.

That probably comes across as overly negative, and I don't think it applies to maturer girls from UK/Europe and other places that at that age will have already done a lot of drinking and clubbing so know the score and can handle their drink, but I was quite shocked.

Be prepared to see quite a few hookers out too, they're non-intrusive, don't pester or approach you and you hardly notice them once you've got used to their presence. But it is a bit weird the first time you go out!

Otherwise:

Sharky's is popular, particularly with the Yanks, as is full of huge TV screens showing all the sport. Nice place, closed on Weds.

Chillers we really enjoyed, at the southern end of town by Pacifico, nice live band when we were there on Weds, it's 'Suicide' slushy cocktails were brutal!!

Club Pacifico we really liked. Outside, then inside, then outside but covered in a hut, the fully outside, it's a great little bar/club. Good DJ, good vibe, really had fun there. Weds venue, was closed Fri.

Friday we went to Aqua bar at the opposite end of town (decent though nothing special) followed by Monkey's Bar which was clearly THE place to be Friday night. Wasn't that impressed with the bar/club element but there was a seperate section with a brilliant live band and salsa night.

Tamarindo, Costa...
3. Re: Night

The nightlife in the town is amazing, everyday have some new place to visit.

You have to go Crazy Monkey it's the best, with a ocean view, in the pool area is for sure the most visited bar in the town.

All the Friday night Crazy Monkey is full, it's ladies night so, everyone will be there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Night

Nice night life...of course mostly for young people...

roadadvisor

san diego
reviews: 18
5. Re: Night

i wonder what we'll find in jan 2013!!! going to be in tamarindo thur fri sat

guanacaste
reviews: 31
6. Re: Night

Tamarindo has lots to do, so just come and enjoy

please don't drink and drive, it is a serious offense, so get a designated driver

or

go party without a car, somewhere close to your hotel, and belive me, there are many places

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 1
7. Re: Night

I was there in January 3 years ago and the night life was a blast. The surfing, beaches and weather were great but the nightlife was killer. I am actually taking a couple different friends there at the end of January again. You'll enjoy it! As I know we will again!

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 1
8. Re: Night

I was there in January 3 years ago and the night life was a blast. The surfing, beaches and weather were great but the nightlife was killer. I am actually taking a couple different friends there at the end of January again. You'll enjoy it! As I know we will again!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: Night

Summer months are very happy days and fun nigths...just common sense...some not nice people around...not many but enough to give you a headache...

Roadadvisor

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Night

what places are good on the others nights bar friday??