We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
reviews: 17
flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

We're planning on going to Costa Rica (west side) in Feb., and have it narrowed down to 2 resorts within our budget. I'm an avid beach walker, and was wondering which of these two had the better walking beach, and any other advantages/disadvantages.? I'm so excited, but a little nervous since it is our first time...Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

My personal preference would be Flamingo Beach Resort the beach there is so much niccer and the hotel is a very nice one. Now Barcelo Playa Langosta is very close to the town of Tamarindo where you can find lots of shops, restaurants and night life

guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

I like Flamingo Beach much more than Barcelo

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

From Barcelo you can walk to the estero in low tide...and if you like you can swim across or just pay about a dollar...and take a boat across and keep walking in Playa Grande...for some reason our indian ancestors called it PLAYA GRANDE that means LONG BEACH...you can really walk...

roadadivsor

Tamarindo, Costa...
4. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

Tamarindo is a beautiful beach to walk relax, and the sunsets are simply fantastic.

This town has a unique magic, most of those who come to visit are left to live and those who do not return every chance they can.

If you decide to come find the people it attracts everyone with his magic, and also a beach flat and wide enough for your walks.

I recommend it!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
5. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

flamingo

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 9
6. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

Both hotels are going to be average at best. Do not go to either place looking for great food and amazing accommodations. They are both about a 3 star level with food on the plain side. If you need to escape (trust me you will), Langosta is 2 miles walk from supermarkets, restaurants, delivery services, tours , etc. Flamingo is nice but does not have as many services as Tamarindo. After 2 nights you will be dead bored.

7. Re: flamingo beach resort vs. barcelo langosta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 14, 2013